wet hop beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KUbrew

Reaction score
I've got lots of cascade hops that are nearing ready to be picked and a small amount of centennial. I was hoping to make a 100% homegrown wet hop beer, any thoughts on a good style for mostly cascade and a little centennial?

i've got lots of cascade hops that are nearing ready to be picked and a small amount of centennial. I was hoping to make a 100% homegrown wet hop beer, any thoughts on a good style for mostly cascade and a little centennial?

ipa, apa...?

General rule of thumb is that they lose 5x their weight. so that's 80%, right? 5 oz when goes down to about 1 oz dry.

I've done two wet hop batches already in the past two weeks, and still have another one to do before all the hops are picked.

Batch number one was an APA with 2 oz. Falconer's Flight (pellets) at 30 minutes, followed by 55 oz. of wet Cascades continuously from 20 minutes to flame-out (11 gallons).

Batch number two was an 8 gallon red with the same hop additions.

Batch number three will be a 5 gallon double black IPA with however many hops are left on the vines (100 oz??) This will be a mix of Cascade, Centennial, and Nugget.

I love wet hopped beers,do up a pale or ipa perfect if you have more than enough,may as well.

I think an over hopped wheat would be tasty. No clue if the grassy notes from the wet hops would compliment the wheaty flavor, but I would like to think so.

Back