Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Went to a buffalo wild wings today...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #11
sloose
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The wings were decent. I fry up wings at home on my brewing burner, and they come out nearly as good, now I know I can't afford the beer prices!

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #12
jmtwo
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Man, some of you guys have it good at BWW! My wife and son like to go there on occasion, and I'll admit I do enjoy their wings, but the beer selection at our location sucks.

My SWMBO orders (from the menu) Woodchuck Cider... waiter looks at her like she's speaking French. She points at the menu and he says "we don't carry that."

So she tells me to order while she looks again. "Cool, I'll take a Stone Ipa.."

"We don't carry that."

Back to SWMBO. "I'll take a Stella."

"We don't have that either."

Back to me: "Sam Adams Octoberfest???"

"Nope."

This went on for two more rounds until she she ordered a fricking Mich Ultra and I ordered a Guinness. And he still had to check both to see if the bar had them.

It was so ridiculous, that I actually called the manager over and suggested he sharpie out the beers that weren't on the menu.

I would think that people in my town only drink BMC, but we have since found a similar local restaurant that has Stone, Oscar Blues, Odell's, etc on tap.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #13
E-Mursed
Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 10

What you should have done is what I do when I get the "we don't have that" spiel...

Hold up your index finger, get out of your seat and walk over to the bar, look over their draft and bottle selections, then return to your seat and order your beer.

I usually follow this up with a minimal tip and a personal note to learn what the bar has to offer that day.

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” – Leonardo da Vinci
"A set back is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently" - Henry Ford

Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
Mishraile
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

BWW had Rogue Dead Guys on tap?! Man, I wish mine had that here, I would frequent it more often. I love Rogue. Their wings are ok, mostly fun to just get a bunch of different flavors. Now... Gators (2 store chain in Chicago Suburbs)... now THEY had good wings, largest and tastiest I have have ever had. They have won the Chicago Wings fest something like 9 years in a row I think.

"My own beard boasts my brewing ability better than my brewing ability can stand up to."

Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4620 Times on 4308 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Had some Wing Stop once, have never fely compelled to do BWW.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
chefrand15
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

I actually work at one and we are told to push the "game day specials" This month Miller light is on it here in CO along with Newcastle and Fat Tire. I like how they did the promo in Michigan and will try to get a CO craft beer deal like they had. Happy hour will help with the beer prices and the selection we have is 30 different draft beers plus about another 20 on bottle. And yes food is so so but what do you expect from a place that mainly uses friers and a flat top. Good place to watch sports though.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
BootstrapBill
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My personal experience at one wasn't too great but they were understaffed and that was the issue. Rogue beers are expensive wherever you go. I was at a Rogue establishment last weekend and it was 5.50 to 5.75 a beer. So your prices aren't too far off. I think a lot of you are just trying to kill it on a personal bias. It is what it is. I personally think that all those restaurants are the same and cater to a certain crowd. But they work obviously and people do enjoy them, so it isn't worth the complaining.

Notable Empties: Pecan Porter, NorthWestern Pale Ale, Double IPA, Red IPA, Amber

Old 09-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 689 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 47

It's a good place to watch a game, especially if your local cable provider is feuding with the Big Ten Network, NFL Network, etc. They usually have game time deals on BMC beers which is fine if you don't mind BMC (an I don't).

Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
sloose
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrand15
I actually work at one and we are told to push the "game day specials" This month Miller light is on it here in CO along with Newcastle and Fat Tire. I like how they did the promo in Michigan and will try to get a CO craft beer deal like they had. Happy hour will help with the beer prices and the selection we have is 30 different draft beers plus about another 20 on bottle. And yes food is so so but what do you expect from a place that mainly uses friers and a flat top. Good place to watch sports though.
Nice beer selection and i get the marketing. But $6.50 drafts are big frownies, especially since we as homebrewers know how much that beer costs to brew(fixed costs aside of course)

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Secondary:

Old 09-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
sloose
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

As a side question:

i never had a dead guy ale before, and im generally unfamiliar with the maibock style. I see lots of guys like their DGA clones, so i ordered it.

My draft was a little on the 'flat' side for my tastes, definately less carbed than i expected. Is this typical of the style / beer or did i just get a lame pour?

Secondary:

Quick Reply