Old 03-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
BrewLou
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Wedding Beers

I am getting married in May, and my fiance and I are making wine/beer for some of our wedding favors. We have already bottled her wine (shiraz) and it turned out great!

I currently have a Heffe in the 2ndary I plan on using for the wedding. I would like to do either a pale ale or a porter for the 2nd beer.

My thoughts for the porter mainly revolve around adding some vanilla to it to give it a mild flavor. I was thinking a cap in the primary boil and perhaps a cap full in the 2ndary? One other option I was tossing around was not adding anything until bottling. I would add a cap full of extract to the priming mix. Not sure how good of an idea this would be though.

Any thoughts on something mild tweak I could do to the Pale Ale, or any advice on the porter would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Primary 1 & 2: Watermelon Wheat!
2ndary 1: Empty
2ndary 2: Empty
Bottled/Kegged: Saison & Pilsner

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
deepcdan99
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter from Northernbrewer looks pretty good, I have thought about making this one myself.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
LilManBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good idea for the wedding! My good friend is getting married in July and I'm going to do two 5 gal kegs for the wedding gift. I did a porter and added vanilla bourbon extract to the boil and I wasn't able to pick up much of the aroma or flavor when the beer was ready to drink. My next batch I will be using vanilla beans in either the primary or secondary.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
turkeyjerky214
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My personal preference is a high quality extract instead of beans. 3 tsp in the keg.

When I'm having a party and there's going to be a lot of people who don't like darker beers but still like craft beers, I brew up a nice APA with a lot of hop flavor and aroma.

-Brian

Tap 1: Flanders Brown Tap 2: Pumpkin Ale Tap 3: Rye IPA Tap 4: Wee Heavy Tap 5: Apfelwein

Fermenting: Amber Ale
Kegged: Barrel-Aged Barleywine, Barleywine, RIS,

Lagering: Märzen

Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
DoubleAught
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdan99 View Post
Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter from Northernbrewer looks pretty good, I have thought about making this one myself.
Just bottled that one last night. It smelled amazing!
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Quick Reply