The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Weak Beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2005, 11:04 PM   #11
Majikcook
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janx
Sounds like you just made a light beer. Next time, buy DME, hops and go with your own recipe. I've yet to taste a kit I liked. You'll have more control and can make as big a beer as you like that way.

Have fun!

Thanks everyone, actually it was the flavoring hops that went in last, not the grains. They went in first... I really did go by the instructions, although reading everything I've posted make me wonder if I'm some sort of idiot!
Bought an IPA from G&G yesterday I'll do this weekend in case the Alt doesn't turn out. I just wonder if I strained all the flavor out of it when it went into the ferment bucket... I guess time will tell. I'll let you know in 2 weeks when I pop the first Alt.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #12
NUCC98

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikcook
Thanks everyone, actually it was the flavoring hops that went in last, not the grains. They went in first... I really did go by the instructions, although reading everything I've posted make me wonder if I'm some sort of idiot!
Bought an IPA from G&G yesterday I'll do this weekend in case the Alt doesn't turn out. I just wonder if I strained all the flavor out of it when it went into the ferment bucket... I guess time will tell. I'll let you know in 2 weeks when I pop the first Alt.
Heheh....there are no idiots here....this isn't American Choppers! Hahaha!! We're all entitled to make mistakes....just browse on over to (Mis)Adventures In Homebrewing!!!

You Won't Find Moments In A Box...And Someone Else Will Set Your Clocks...

Old 02-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #13
rightwingnut

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFours
Yea, grains should be added before the boil. The water shouldn't be higher than 165F when you do or you'll suck the tannins out of the grains and create astringent flavors in your beer.

I usually steep at 152F for about 25 minutes.
Oh, NO!! I've been steeping the grains until just before boil, at about 200-210...am I going to have 15 gallons of ****e?

Old 02-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #14
Dark_Ale
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightwingnut
Oh, NO!! I've been steeping the grains until just before boil, at about 200-210...am I going to have 15 gallons of ****e?
Send it this way I will drink it.....LOL

Quick Reply