Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Visiting Seattle in July...Breweries?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
hatfieldenator
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Visiting Seattle in July...Breweries?

I'm going to Seattle for a week in July. Are there any good breweries worth checking out while I'm there? I can't wait, I've never been to Seattle!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
psbuckland
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

There are a coup,e you can see. The two that come to mind. pyramid brewing...this is a larger brewing, never been there but had many of their brews. There is also Elysian brewery. This is a microbrewery with two brewpubs. They do some neat things. Have fun..

Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
markg388
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

My faves are elliot bay breweing in either west seattle or burien, pike brewing right in downtown, or big al's in white center. Red hook also does a nice tour for 1$ that comes with as many refills in your tasting glass as you want.

The weather is awesome here in July, save your money and skip the space needle and do something outdoorsy.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 361 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Naked City. Spend the week there. It's been deemed one of the best beer bars in the world, and it was founded by HBT's own Brewtopia. If I had a week to spend in Seattle, I don't think I would leave.

Seriously. My wife and I have talked about "what if we have to move" once she gets her Doctorate, Seattle is on the short list in no small part because of this pub.

Great thread on Naked City here:

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
wonderbread23
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Seattle is July -- You could not have picked a better time to visit the city!

Seattle is a great beer side ... one of the best in the nation. There are dozens of breweries in the city and some of the best beer bars in the world (yes world) here. Here are some of my favorites (I'll probably forget some, this city is that great):

Brewpubs / Breweries:

Pike Brewery @ Pike Market downtown - One of the longest run pubs in town at a great location. Call them and get a tour 'Beer Exbeerience'. It requires a reservation, but is easily the best brewery tour I've ever been on.

Naked City - North of downtown. Great brewpub, that has a selection of world-class guest taps. Also just down the street from Gorditos which makes awesome wet burritos.

Elysian - Several pubs in down, I like the Capital Hill location the best.

Black Raven - They're located across Lake Washington in Redmond, but are certainly one of the most innovative new breweries in town. I don't believe they serve food, but have a tap room.

Fremont Brewery - Nice place to have a pint (in the actual brewery) if you're in Fremont.

Big Time - Nice brewpub in the U-District. Afterwards go to Shultzy's for some sausage and German beer.

Beer Bars

Brouwers - Located in Fremont. One of the best beer bars in the world. Great food too.

Collin's Pub - Located in Pioneer Square. Awesome tap list, great food.

The Stumbling Monk - Great small hole-in-the-wall beer bar with an wonderful Belgian tap and bottle list.

Beveridge Place - The place to drink craft beer if you're in West Seattle

- Avoid -

The Tap House - There are a lot better places with better food, less taps, but way better selection (quality over quantity), and better prices.

The Brave Horse - Not a fan of the fact that I consistently got short pours there (I'm talking about 4-6 ounces short). Food is okay, but overpriced and a bit trendy.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
madipop
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I'm not from Seattle, but I visit as often as I can. From personal experience I'd recommend Hales and Georgetown brewing in addition to the others already mentioned.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 454 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Mac & Jack's is in Redmond and does a free tour on Sunday afternoons with tastings.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
america
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

http://www.wahomebrewers.org/images/Documents/Misc/seattle_area_beer_spots.pdf

Here is a helpful map for the Seattle area.

EDIT: and here is a bigger one for all around the Puget Sound: http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php?m=seattle#

Last edited by america; 05-11-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
Im_Lars
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

A fun road trip would be to jump a ferry to Bremerton and go to Silvercity Brewery just north of Bremerton in Silerdale. Take a short driving north to Poulsbo and have a pint on the deck at Bayside broiler (not the best beer selection or food but the upper deck is great in the summer). Then head to Bainbridge island and Winslow to The Harbour Public House, great beer selection and very good food. Then get on the Winslow ferry back to Seattle.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
Im_Lars
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

@america, That second map is awesome

Quick Reply