Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Very satisfied customer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
klaggy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Very satisfied customer

I had recently jumped into ag brewing and had bought a 10 gal cooler mash tun from northern brewer. I had an issue with false bottom it wouldn't sit flat in the cooler and grains were getting underneath the false bottom. So when I went batch sparge I got a lot of grain bits clogging up the drain valve. I had too back flush several times to clear the clog and then was back in business. So I was looking for some advise and or a fix. So called up northern brewer on a Sunday no doubt, and explained my problem. He assured me that wasn't typical and that I will get a replacement false bottom. But wait there is more,,, this is why I'm a happy customer, i also ordered some grains hops and yeast for my next batch...around $45 he reversed that and is also sending that at no charge......wow! More than I was expecting. And I will be seeing my stuff this Friday.

Northern brewer rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Rev2010
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 210

Had the same problem with my first go with a false bottom from Northern Brewer. Sent it back for a refund and bought a bazooka tube and never looked back: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/mash-boil-screen.html

Just had to crimp (rollup) the end a little so that it fit in my mash tun. Only other thing is remembering to be careful when stirring the mash so as to not hit it, but never had any problems with that.

Rev.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
klaggy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah I thought about affixing a piece of stainless steal screen underneath....to keep that pesty grain out

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Quick Reply