LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
farmbrewernw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Veg beer

Oh man last night we went to Atomic Ale here in Richland and I had one of the most awful beers I've had in a while. I ordered the blonde ale (102 last night going for something cool and refreshing) and ended up getting a under atenuated glass of cooked corn. I've heard bad things about their beers but dang that was bad. I wanted to talk to the brewer and give him some pointers. Has anyone ever gone to a brew pub and thought that they could do a better job? I'd like to help these guys out but I think I'd come off as an ass.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 452 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I totally misread the subject line of this thread.

That's all I really had to say.

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I didn't say vag beer, but didn't we discuss that in another thread, something about yeast cultures.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
and stufffff.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Yeah. That's what came to mind. Someone found an article from The Stranger about beer marketed that way. *shudder*

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 08-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
cvstrat
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hmm. I bet if the "brewmaster" is that bad he's not going to want to hear your advice. I, like probably most of you, have dreamed about opening a brewpub. However I wouldn't fathom doing it until I had my beers down pat, and I would absolutely perform better quality control than that. There is no reason for a beer that bad to get served.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
z987k

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

I like corn on the cob.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I wonder if they're having trouble making ends meet. He might have known the beer was flawed but felt he couldn't afford to waste a batch.

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 08-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Na I've heard that there quality control has always been suspect and they've been doing this since '95 or so. It's a popular place around here because there really isn't all that much in the way or cool eateries around here. I'm willing to guess that the brewer would say that he sells a lot of beer and he has no reason to change. I'm not sure that the general public really knows what a good and a bad beer is anyway. Usually in most brew pubs I'll see at least a couple of brewing comp awards and I didn't see any there. I've had there rye and there blonde now and they both where not in good condition. If it was me I would have never served that blonde ale. Ice Harbor Brewing in Kennewick makes fairly good beer so I think I'll spend my money there from now on. I guess the thing that irritated me the most is everyone I have talked to has said that Atomic Ale has great pizza, that wasn't even good. I guess I'm jaded from living in the Willamette Valley we had so many good breweries and pizza joints, damn you Richland!!!

Quote:
and stufffff.

Quick Reply