*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > unhealthy obsession with brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
SagamoreAle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

During the summer I replace my unhealthy obsession with brewing, with my unhealthy obsession with boating. During the winter I replace my unhealthy obsession with boating with my unhealthy obsession with brewing.

During the summer on my boat I drink the brews I made over the winter. During the winter I think about boating when I'm brewing. I also shoot over the winter when I'm not boating but I don't drink when I'm doing that.

My wife thinks I'm obsessive about my hobbies but the more I think about that I don't think that I think that I'm obsessive.

If I had a spare $15mil, I'd buy a boat with a brewery and a shooting range. Pretty standard really...

Ex fermentum, scientia.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
davekippen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd View Post
if I'm not brewing, I'm thinking about brewing. or reading about brewing. or thinking about reading about brewing.

actual brewing takes up less time than the thinking, reading and thinking about reading about brewing

but I wouldn't call that obsessive
Could not have said it better
Hit me on Untappd https://untappd.com/user/davekippen

Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
Piratwolf
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd
if I'm not brewing, I'm thinking about brewing. or reading about brewing. or thinking about reading about brewing.

actual brewing takes up less time than the thinking, reading and thinking about reading about brewing

but I wouldn't call that obsessive
The only things you missed are talking about beer and posting about beer.

jmendez29: Haha! I get it! :ban:
Wait. You're not talking about beer, right?
You're talking about beer. That could have been a whole lot more fun.
GrogNerd Likes This 
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #14
bscott1011
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 37

While I don't think I'm obsessed my wife believes differently.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 877 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratwolf View Post
The only things you missed are talking about beer and posting about beer.
talking about posting about thinking about reading about brewing beer

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #16
RuffRider
Master Chief's Brewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeerbeer123 View Post
Does anyone else have an unhealthy obsession with brewing? This **** is taking over my life..i think i need to go to Brewers anonymous haha..
I think it's healthy as it gets! I have a healthy obsession. Why is it healthy you ask? It makes me freakin' happy to brew, read about brewing, post about brewing, read posts about posts about brewing, dream about the ultimate home brewery, or even walk through the hardware store looking at EACH AND EVERY THING FOR SALE from the angle of brewing. I'm happy right now posting this!

Now SWMBO? She may think differently about my brewing but screw it! What the heck does she know about brewing anyway!?! Haha!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #17
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 877 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRider View Post
or even walk through the hardware store looking at EACH AND EVERY THING FOR SALE from the angle of brewing
and walking through the grocery store looking at EACH AND EVERY THING FOR SALE and thinking, "is this fermentable?"

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

lowtones84 Likes This 
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #18
IanJ
youtube.com/brewfiles
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I do, and it's actually somewhat frustrating because I'm pretty limited living in an apartment in NYC with no space, and no outdoor area. Pipe dream of setting up a 15gallon system with a proper burner, oh how I pine for you.

While I'm finally making the switch to AG as I slowly figure out how to make it work on my stove and small sink... it's just feeding my obsession in a very unhealthy way

Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #19
beerbeerbeer123
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRider View Post
I think it's healthy as it gets! I have a healthy obsession. Why is it healthy you ask? It makes me freakin' happy to brew, read about brewing, post about brewing, read posts about posts about brewing, dream about the ultimate home brewery, or even walk through the hardware store looking at EACH AND EVERY THING FOR SALE from the angle of brewing. I'm happy right now posting this!

Now SWMBO? She may think differently about my brewing but screw it! What the heck does she know about brewing anyway!?! Haha!
I do the same thing ..The only reason i posted this thread cause i constantly doing something brew related..and i always talk about it to my family/friend who really dont give a rats ass about brewing(they just like the finished beer) but cant help it haha..and i keep on getting the "intervention" look or rolling eyes like "here we go again" ..Brewing is my passion and it makes me happy as a pig in shi% but they fam/friends dont think so thats where i got the "unhealthy" part..cheers

Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #20
jeremyb7603
Recipes 

I can totally relate. I stumbled upon HBT one day when i googled a question about homebrew, and have never looked back. I, too find myself thinking about brewing constantly. I spend at least 2 hours a day on HBT just surfing the posts and getting incredibly useful information from everybody on here. Right now, im at work on HBT. I have alot of paperwork to do, but again, it is an obsession. Just home my Commanding Officer doesnt find out. I was going to wait until tomorrow to brew my Red Hook ESB clone, but chances are i will do it tonight when i get home!!

Quick Reply