*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > under carbonated beer - how to fix this?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
RyanT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default under carbonated beer - how to fix this?

I just popped open my first beer out of a batch of tripel I made. The taste was right on the money. However, the carbonation was very very weak. I think it was due to the fact that I did a 40* secondary which dropped most of my yeast and I probably didn't re-incorporate enough of it at bottling time. However, I know there was yeast in there during my bottle conditioning, because the bottle had some yeast at the bottom.

primary - 30 days
secondary - 30 days at 40*
bottle conditioning - 30 days at room temp

how do I get these things more carbonated? Do I turn each of them upside down and shake them to get the yeast back into suspension? Do I have to open each one, put them all back into a 5 gal bucket, and start over again with more yeast and more priming sugar and 3 more weeks? Thanks everyone.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2734 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I have a belgian golden strong (1.090 Original grav) that at 2.5 months is only now starting to carb up...your triple is a high grav beer, it's gonna need more time. Just roll them gently on a table top to re-rouse the yeast (you don't need to shake) and put them away, they will carb up eventually....

but the higher the grav, the longer it needs to carb and conditions....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply