Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Undecided on what to brew with oranges

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
cskid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Undecided on what to brew with oranges

Going to try a three gallon (sample batch) of either a wit or heff. that I will be adding orange citrus rinds to in the secondary and possibly the last few minutes of the boil. Looking for a good recipe that I can plug and adjust down to 3 gallons in BeerSmith. (Sidenote...I have never used BeerSmith so the experimentation of brewing a "non kit" beer and using the BeerSmith program will both be firsts for me.)

For this batch I will either be doing a extract or brew in a bag 3 gallon boil.

Let me know if you have any good recipes to try or if you recommend a wit versus a heff. for this application.

Any feedback would help.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
android
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

this might be a good starting point:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/blue...n-clone-24978/

it's not really like blue moon, it's much better. and personally, i would add sweet orange peel rather than bitter if I were to brew this again. but that's up to you.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply