Ultimate Compliment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murppie

Reaction score
Hi all, I feel the need to share the best compliment I've ever gotten about my beer. I was talking to a friend last night on the phone and she was telling me about a picnic she was going to on the 4th. And in her words "Yeah, but they will only have Miller Light or something. You know, drinking your stuff has ruined other beer for me, I just can't stand the crappy stuff now"

Talk about a great moment in every brewer's life!

Better than the compliment I got at a recent family reunion: "Yumm, this is really good! It tastes like Michelob."

In fairness it's a kristalweizen I brew for my BL drinking poker buddies, so I was kind of going for that. It just threw me that comparing my beer to Michelob was intended as a compliment.

That's a great feeling. One of my buddies from home recently paid me a compliment on my beer. He's the one who got me into drinking beer, I used to hate the stuff. Anyways, I've had him try every one of my homebrews as he is more of a beer snob/connoisseur than my other friends, and has some comment/nitpick about each beer. More often than not it is constructive criticism, but that's why I share with him. He won't sugar coat it for me.

Well, I had a dark-wheat beer that I brewed and hadn't shared until it had aged a bit. He told me, "You did this right!" I was so taken aback I didn't bother to correct his grammar! Now, if I only had the fridge space to throw about half the batch in there to preserve the state it is currently in. Congrats again, it's awesome to get a good response from a beer.:mug:

Back