Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > UCD Masters Brews Program or Professional Brewers Certificate Program

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
ddrayne10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default UCD Masters Brews Program or Professional Brewers Certificate Program

Hi I just had a question about the two different programs at UCD Masters Brews Program and Professional Brewers Certificate. First the two seem very similar to me but i see that the Master Brewers Program prepares you for the IBD. Is there any real difference in these programs to attempt to get a job in the US or both recognized as quality programs? Has anyone done either of these programs? Any comments like or dislike?

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
Beyowka
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

the Master Brewers Program includes and expands on the Pro Brewers program. I would highly recommend the class if you're in the industry and your company wants to pay your way; I would highly discourage any homebrewers without commercial experience or aspirations from taking the class just for fun as it's more expensive and technical than any homebrewer would ever need. Spend a fraction of the tuition on books and equipment and you're set.

- Class of '03

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply