Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > The Twelve Hopostles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #101
ajbram
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
YES. I'm in. So is my camera. It's old though - miniDV Sony Handycam. It'd be ideal to get a camera of commensurate epic-ness to that of this brew day. I'll see what I can do.

The other thing - watching video of 12 identical batches could get repetitive. I've started thinking about how we'll edit this together. We'll have to be just as organized with our sequencing & videography as we are with the actual brewing. I like where this is going.

Oh, and how are you gonna temp-control fermentation of 12 batches simultaneously?
I would vote some sort of livestock watering trough with some aquarium heaters and pumps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #102
Scruffy1207
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbram

I would vote some sort of livestock watering trough with some aquarium heaters and pumps.
Or get twelve homeless people to huddle against them for warmth. Pay them in biscuits made from the grain, and steel reserve.

Maybe if your boil kettle was a sheet pan, and your heat source was satan's a**hole, then you could possibly boil off 60 percent of your batch in an hour.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #103
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 11

The basement should be right around 60º in the middle of February, which is actually pretty ideal. I can then bring them up into the house where it is warmer (~67º) for final attenuation and conditioning.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #104
zmad2000
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

When i saw this post i fell in love with how simple and cool it was. Tomorrow i am going to make and extract version of the St Andrew with 7 lbs DME instead of the grains. I think that should be ok.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #105
Piratwolf
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 82

This thread makes me feel closer to the TRUTH embodied in the yeasty alchemy. If today we have no true monastic cells, at least the spirit of devotion lives. The Force is strong with this one.

jmendez29: Haha! I get it! :ban:
Wait. You're not talking about beer, right?
You're talking about beer. That could have been a whole lot more fun.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #106
Scruffy1207
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter
My plan was line up twelve investors, and brew all 12 over a weekend, then provide each investor with 2 sets of the Twelve Hopostles when they are all labeled and ready (about 5 weeks).

It is an ambitious plan but sounds really fun to me, provided I can get my family to work around it...

The cost to each investor would be $32/case or $8/6er. The total cost to brew all twelve is $472, so I think that is pretty fair considering these are all IPAs

Anyway, I am hoping to line this up for February sometime if all goes well. I would definitely be up for a swap.

Why not the Sorachi? Bad? Really good? I have had the Centenial, the Simcoe, and the Cascade so far and those were rather good. The flavors have been interesting to say the least.
That seems like a lot for 12 beers. I'm assuming that will mostly be for hops? I'm going to try and solo brew all 12 in a weekend soon also (i blame you). I'm going to make a giant 3 day party out of it.

Maybe if your boil kettle was a sheet pan, and your heat source was satan's a**hole, then you could possibly boil off 60 percent of your batch in an hour.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #107
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 11

So I made up a box label for the 6-pack holders... What do you think?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #108
mthompson
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 28 Posts

Not sure if anyone noticed...but, in the description of St. Simon, last sentence....should it read "fill you with a zeal for life" instead of "feel you with a zeal for life"?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #109
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
So I made up a box label for the 6-pack holders... What do you think?
Love the font and the picture. Not sure about the star-type outline though...doesn't quite seem to fit. Though perhaps that's intentional to have a splash of bold shape & color against the tepid background.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #110
mthompson
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Love the font and the picture. Not sure about the star-type outline though...doesn't quite seem to fit. Though perhaps that's intentional to have a splash of bold shape & color against the tepid background.
I think a more appropriate outline would be a round golden "halo", that is blurred/faded around the edge. This would be more in line with tradition depictions of Jesus. The hops inside would stay. Perhaps the golden halo around the edge could be a light colored beer, with bubble in it?

I'll try to put something together to better show you what's in my head....

Quick Reply