Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Tried lots of new stuff today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
mw20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tried lots of new stuff today!

I brewed a 10 gallon batch of Edwort's Haus Pale ale today. Used my new pasta mill to crush(worked great). Used the brew in a bag method with direct fire to my mash. Had just added a weldless thermometer and sight glass to my keggle. Everything went really smooth. I like the biab method. Only drawback was my burner is up kind of high and with 21 pounds of grain and water in the bag it was kind of hard to drain. I'm going to add something to the ceiling to hang it from next time. My effiency was 74%, which was better than I've had before and I hit all my numbers. Not including the milling of the grain, it took 5 hours from heating my mash water to pitching yeast. Not bad for 10 gallons. I am hooked on brew in a bag!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
ghpeel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Man I gotta try that Haus Pale. Everyone here seems to like it. Congrats on the good brew day. There's nothing better!

=============================================

Kegged: Dunkelweizen
Primary: American Pale Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply