Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Trapped without a pint glass

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 02:24 AM   #21
Guildenstern
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizlyGarou View Post
My lack of knowing what a shaker glass is might be an indication that I choose to drink out of mason jars.

What the heck is a shaker glass, anyway?

Also, don't knock it till you've tried it. I've had the same beer in one of those Sam Adams glasses and a mason jar. Little difference other than the price.
Shaker Glass is the 10-16oz "Pint" we drink out of here in the US. It's the glass end of a boston style cocktail shaker. Some "enterprising" fellow realised you can sell beer in them and it's really hard for bad help to break them unless they really try. Not the best glass for most beer but also not the worst thing you can drink out of.

I agree with the Sam Adams glass. Shaker Pint Vs. Pilsner Vs. Sam Adams "perfect pint", the pilsner glass won with Sam Adams Boston Lager. (the Libby ones that curve back in at the top.)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 01:45 AM   #22
misterVT
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wife just got me the Sam Adams glasses and although they're not bad, I prefer pilsners or just a regular pint glass.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #23
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
Shaker Glass is the 10-16oz "Pint" we drink out of here in the US. It's the glass end of a boston style cocktail shaker. Some "enterprising" fellow realised you can sell beer in them and it's really hard for bad help to break them unless they really try. Not the best glass for most beer but also not the worst thing you can drink out of.

I agree with the Sam Adams glass. Shaker Pint Vs. Pilsner Vs. Sam Adams "perfect pint", the pilsner glass won with Sam Adams Boston Lager. (the Libby ones that curve back in at the top.)
16oz pints is all i drink anything outta normally. got a cupbaord full of about 30.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #24
Ichi-Go
Recipes 

I keep a glass in my car frequently due to my friends never having proper glassware or even adequete glassware. If I go to a party and it's byob I will bring a glass with me then take it home with me. I hate solo cups even worse then drinking out of the bottle.

Moral of the story. Wrap a pint glass up and put it in the glove box.

Primary: Bavarian Hefe, American Amber
Secondary 1: Bavarian Apple cider/apfelwein
Drinking: SNPA Extract Clone, Red ale. Wannabe IPA, Apple/blueberry/pomegranate/rasberry/white grape.... cider

Old 01-22-2010, 02:17 AM   #25
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

the "pint" box, is it? i like it! next to the scotch.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #26
Ichi-Go
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordantly View Post
the "pint" box, is it? i like it! next to the scotch.
Sealed scotch so you dont break open container laws. Not a bad idea.

Note to self: Glove box is my new liqeour cabinet.

Primary: Bavarian Hefe, American Amber
Secondary 1: Bavarian Apple cider/apfelwein
Drinking: SNPA Extract Clone, Red ale. Wannabe IPA, Apple/blueberry/pomegranate/rasberry/white grape.... cider

Quick Reply