Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Transporting Beer on Airplane

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #21
Nescent
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I think we've pretty clearly covered that we can fly with homebrew, but how does this factor in with flying internationally, and only being allowed to take x amount of alcohol in with you? I always assumed it was for purchased alcohol, so the gov't doesn't lose out on tax's...but you can't sell your home brew, so it has no monetary value, thus isn't taxable? 15% tax on $0.00 is still 0.

Anyway, if i am already bringing in 1L of spirits, can I fly internationally and bring in home brew on the same flight as well?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
Johnnyhitch1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 218 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nescent View Post
I think we've pretty clearly covered that we can fly with homebrew, but how does this factor in with flying internationally, and only being allowed to take x amount of alcohol in with you? I always assumed it was for purchased alcohol, so the gov't doesn't lose out on tax's...but you can't sell your home brew, so it has no monetary value, thus isn't taxable? 15% tax on $0.00 is still 0.

Anyway, if i am already bringing in 1L of spirits, can I fly internationally and bring in home brew on the same flight as well?
Everything is taxed. Even if you cant resell it...
Homebrew is statued by State law and personal consumption. I dont think you can transport it legally anywhere.

Primary: Kicking Cans DIPA, ECY20 Golden sour.
Kegged: Conan the Brown, OBS (Oatmeal brett stout)
Aging: Flanders Red w/ ECY02, All out Brett.
BOTTLES:

Cider: Grapfelwine, Apfelwine, Cranfelwine, Applejack
Beer: NZ Brett (BD:9/16/12)
Mead: Blueberry-lemon, Raspberry-Lime, Habenero, POM, Traditional.
Cellar: Maple Whiskey Barrel Stout, ST Pumking Clone

Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #23
zmanzorro
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I've smuggled a 12-pack of Yuengling from DC to Dallas in nothing but the box it came in surrounded by dirty clothes. But its probably better to be safe than sorry!

“Beer is the center of everything. Everything revolves around beer. When you drink beer, everything revolves. Therefore beer is the center of everything.” — University of Waterloo Engineers

Primary/Secondary: Assassyn IIPA (Odell's Myrcenary clone)
Bottle: Battering Ram Belgian Golden Strong Ale

Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #24
Nescent
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Im suffering a major quandry then! I am currently living (and brewing in Australia) I am traveling to Canada for the holiday's and want to bring back a few select beers that I brewed and proud of to share with my father.

Do you envision I would suffer any problems by checking half a dozen bottles? to go from Australia to Canada (via US?) I am checking a 1.14L bottle of rum that is duty free.

Quick Reply