Trading beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwturnernc

Reaction score
I have never traded beer before! I want to trade some hop , terrapin or dog fish head for some pliney the elder. I don't know where to begin or how to know the people on the other end are trustworthy. Any one trade before? Some insight on we're to begin I'm in NNorth Carolina

I can't help you with PTE in the bottle ( although we can find it on tap in the Philly area, so we are lucky.)

First thing would be to make sure you're not dealing with someone who signed up last week and has 2 posts to their name.

Also, look at their profile to see if they have any iTrader ratings - that is a great indicator.

In the end it's best to builda little rapport with the other person before a trade. And remember they will be judging you as much as you are them!

Good luck! PTE isa great beer that should be tried (but it isn't the be-all end-all that some make it out to be.)

Thx for the reply! What sites are out their for trading beer? I did a google search and came back with like 20 hits on beer advocate. Does a sub forum exist on HBT?

Back