Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Tootin my own horn

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Kmcogar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Tootin my own horn

I received a call on Saturday night from the Maryland Microbrewery Festival. It turns out both beers I turned into the competition placed! My peanut butter porter took 2nd place in the specialty competition and my American IPA took 1st! That it being that it took first it was put into the best of show competition. Which it won as well! The greatest and coolest news of all is, the winner of best of show get their beer brewed in a real brewery and distributed to local Buffalo Wild Wings and local liquor stores! My homebrew is gonna be on the shelves!! I'm still blown away and can't stop thinking about it. Anyways....cheers

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
BPal75
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

That's cool man. Any idea what it's going to be labeled as and when it will be available? I'll keep an eye out for it.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2601 Times on 1536 Posts
Likes Given: 5767

That's freaking awesome! I've got two competitions coming up this month and I'm really excited about it. I'm actually judging in one of them this coming weekend, so I should be able to find out my results that day. The other one is an MCAB qualifier so... fingers crossed. When is your beer going to be available for purchase and who is brewing it? Cheers!

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 10-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Dog Brewing Company in Westminster Maryland is brewing it. It should be available in January. The name of the beer is Columbus sailed the 7 C's. It will only be distributed in Maryland. They said I get to work with them designing a label too! It should be a great experience

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Congrats!!!!

I see your Buffalo Wild Wings, supports homebrewers and craft brewers just like the ones in Michigan do. Kinda puts the whole BWW homebrewing commercial into perspective.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Johnnyhitch1 Likes This 
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
tuckferrorists

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Congrats!!! Now share the recipe for that porter!

Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Matt3989
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts

Congrats, I'm in Maryland and I'll definitely give your beer a shot. any idea when it'll be out? I'd assume sometime next year.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckferrorists
Congrats!!! Now share the recipe for that porter!
You want the second place beer?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt3989
Congrats, I'm in Maryland and I'll definitely give your beer a shot. any idea when it'll be out? I'd assume sometime next year.
January

Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
sonofgrok
n00basaurus

Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 121

That is radtastic. You should act all snobby and refuse to give them the recipe.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~Ernest Hemingway

Quick Reply