Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Too many styles, not enough time.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
thejerk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Too many styles, not enough time.

I'm going crazy. There's so many different recipes I want to brew. My favorite part of brewing is recipe formulation. I'll spend hours tweaking a recipe to get it just where I think I want it. But then I write more recipes than I ever get around to brewing. Like right now--I'm torn between a breakfast stout, an Abbey Blond, and a RyePA--three completely different directions. I won't have a chance to brew again for two more weeks, so we'll see what wins out by then, or if an entirely new recipe enters the picture. Right now the breakfast stout is getting the most attention, but yesterday it was the Abbey blond, so who knows.
Does this drive anybody else crazy? Having so many recipes to brew and not enough time to get to them all? I just wanna quit my job and drop out of school and brew all the time, it's all I think about anyway.
Hello. My name is Andy, and I am addicted to brewing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
chode720
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My name is Chris, and I am addicted to brewing too.

I have about 5 or 6 different recipes I have planned to brew, but I dont have the time, or bottle space right now to do any of them, and its driving me NUTS. I totally understand. I think its normal for most of us brewers. Remember, there is a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

I tightrope walk that line

Primary1: Pumpkin Ale
Primary2: Christmas Ale
Pimary3: Apfelwein
Secondary: Sour Brown
Drinking: Warrior Pale Ale, Wit, American Rye

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply