Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Today on Lifehacker

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Penguin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Today on Lifehacker

DIY: Homebrewing Beer to Save Money

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
When you mix up a batch of beer, it needs to ferment for a week or two, and this bucket makes it quite easy. You simply put your unfermented beer in the bucket, put the bubbler in the little hole on top of the bucket (the bubbler allows gas to escape without contaminating the beer), and let it sit. When you’re ready to drink the beer, just open the spigot and drink a glass - the hose can make it easier to pour.
Yumm... flat beer, my favorite.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
MikeG
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
The Simple Dollar blog walks through the process, and the costs, of homebrewing. If you really like beer, and micro-brews in particular, Trent says it could be a money-saving hobby to dive into.
Haha, I haven't read past that part. I'm saving TONS of money myself! And lifting heavy wort, fermenters and kegs is causing my body to get in shape too.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Haha, I haven't read past that part. I'm saving TONS of money myself! And lifting heavy wort, fermenters and kegs is causing my body to get in shape too.
What? You didn't spring for the hand cart yet? Increase expense, decrease activity... Its win-win!!!!

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Quick Reply