The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Today I brewed 3 and bottled 1

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Default Today I brewed 3 and bottled 1

First off I want to say, I'm not saying I'll never brew 3 in one day again, but I probably won't ever do 4.

FORGIVE ME for not thinking brewing in the cold is so awesome anymore. I got started at 9:30 AM, after only getting about 3 hours of sleep last night but having made 3 yeast starters the day before. It was 25 degrees when I walked out the door, we got 13 inches of snow here a few days ago which is very rare, and it has now turned into an icey watery mess. I recovered after slipping on some ice, to find that my water hose and wort chiller were completely froze. I spent about half an hour trying to thaw the hose out but gave up and decided to get water from inside and hope the hose would be thawed by the time the first batch was over so I could use my chiller. Luckily it was.

I guess things weren't too bad after I got everything thawed out and going except I remembered that one of my lids broke, so I was going to have to bottle a batch in order to get the lid from it. I ran back and forth from the house to the car port during batches 1-2 to get that one bottled.

By the time the 3rd batch came along I discovered one of my Muck boots has a decent hole and my right foot was freezing and soaking wet. I shut the lid on my chest freezer at about 8:15 PM, so I guess not too bad considering all the problems I had today. I'm really tired, but I still had a hell of a good time brewing!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
Satisfaction
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 25 Posts

Dude... that's one productive day.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
badlee
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 14

You deserve a pint or two,with your feet up infront of a fire

Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 415 Times on 289 Posts
Likes Given: 304

3 batches in 11 hours plus bottling aint too shabby. I've done three before, but two is usually my limit. Does make for a tiring day. Relax, have a HB and get some sleep.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 AM   #5
mammothkraken
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Well done! I did a similar thing 2 weekends ago...brew 2 bottle 3...while I thought it went well my wife was very much against another such brewday!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #6
Transamguy77
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Good job man!! A few weeks ago I made 2 10 gallon batches and bottled 1 and I will be second guessing doing that again so kudos to you.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Honestly it would have been really enjoyable except for the not much sleep and the cold part. I may plan to do it again in the spring, but until then I think it's going to be the regular brew 1-2 or bottle 2 like I normally do.

I'm headed to Little Rock with the SWMBO for a few nights at the Embassy Suites, think I'll pick myself up a 4 pack of Taddy as a treat to myself while I'm in the Big Rock, as I have yet to have a nice pint.

Oh and hat's off to all you other guys who do the 10 + hour brew days!!

Quick Reply