Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Toasting your own malt

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
NorwegianAle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Toasting your own malt

Hi!

I am relativly new to brewing, but I've been reading John Palmers "How to brew" several times in between brewing sessions. I was intrigued by the chapter where he talks about toasting your own malt, so I tried toasting my own malt for a nut-flavored beer, and a porter with "brown malt"-tasting malt, and they both came out awesome! (according to me...)

So here is my question. I've been thinking about getting some lokal wheat (not malted) and toasting this as an adjunct to i.e. a wheatbeer. Does anyone have an opion on this matter, or better yet some experience? And what are your experience on toasting malts other than pilsner malt? (John Palmer does noe cover this topic...)

I am sorry if my english is not perfect - Norwegian is my mother tounge. Looking forward to hear any opinion on the matter!! Happy brewing!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
NorwegianAle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

sorry. forgot to specify. I mean, do you have some experience with toasting malts or grains such as oat, rye, wheat, corn or whatever....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply