Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Tired of being "close"!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #61
BobbiLynn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
the tinfoil hats don't protect against zombies brewers beards do.
Not all of us can grow beards, so we gotta just do what we can to protect ourselves.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #62
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2304 Times on 1515 Posts
Likes Given: 4632

glue armpit hair onto your face. that's what I do since my dad gave me bad facial hair genes.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #63
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
glue armpit hair onto your face. that's what I do since my dad gave me bad facial hair genes.
Ahh, I got the super glue, right here... now just gotta find a razor....
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #64
Chinese
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Relax, my good friends. Can't a guy get distracted by a sexy wife . . . New Years Eve . . . And a Barley Wine hangover?! I am pleased to report, however, that the bottled Houblonmonstre is very carbonated(and actually my clearest and best beer to date!). Two things come to mind: 1.) The beer that I used as the "sampler" was bottled with a cork. perhaps a no-no. 2.) I could have gotten that beer to the fridge before conditioning was complete. In any event, I've taken some good stuff from this thread. Hydrometer is next purchase, and I gotta just keep at it. Thanks, men.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #65
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese View Post
Relax, my good friends. Can't a guy get distracted by a sexy wife . . . New Years Eve . . . And a Barley Wine hangover?! I am pleased to report, however, that the bottled Houblonmonstre is very carbonated(and actually my clearest and best beer to date!). Two things come to mind: 1.) The beer that I used as the "sampler" was bottled with a cork. perhaps a no-no. 2.) I could have gotten that beer to the fridge before conditioning was complete. In any event, I've taken some good stuff from this thread. Hydrometer is next purchase, and I gotta just keep at it. Thanks, men.
and grow a beard! or glue armpit hair to your face. you had these good folks worried the zombies got you!

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:

Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #66
snaps10
Recipes 

Liked 171 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese
I will excuse you this once... For a good reason.

The more I think about it though. Your Houblonmostre is probably bad and you should ship it all to me for evaluation and disposal.

Always make sure conditioning is complete before you refrigerate. 3 weeks to condition, 1 week to settle and clarify.

I'm glad it turned out good.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #67
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

So glad you are safe, just keeping trying and learning, you'll be a master in no time.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #68
Chinese
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Snaps, I would love to share this with you. I am in a very rural setting and I am either surrounded by Bud Light drinkers or the infrequent hipster that drinks the occasional Heffe, or lighter Ale. No, my friend, I have few friends who are ready for tasty beers. I'm the weirdo in my circle. They put-up with me as much as I put-up with them. Guys give me a good, hoppy, session Ale recipe. I need to build a bridge for my fellas.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #69
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
So glad you are safe, just keeping trying and learning, you'll be a master in no time.
you get that armpit hair glued on your face yet?!?

Quote:

Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #70
Dynachrome
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Chinese

Read this and take heed:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/bee-...ale-ale-31793/

It is set up for all of the "normal" methods of brewing. It is drinkable by all except the most hard-bitten Busch Light drinkers.

You don't need to read very far past the first page. If you try to read the whole thread, you will spend almost as much timie as it takes to make a batch.

Quick Reply