Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > thumbs up to austin homewbrew supply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Rivenin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 188 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Default thumbs up to austin homewbrew supply

Well, just wanted to give a thumbs up to them on this board.
i opened my first, out of i'm sure... many boxes of theirs. Everything was packed wonderfully, labeled nicely as well. great instructions with their kits and no complaints for them!
only complaint i have is from UPS, who got to portland 4 days before delivery and made it sit in the warehouse for the whole weekend... but that is on UPS and not them.

i ordered the magic hat #9 clone (i drank alot of it back when i lived in ohio) and their nut brown ale that is in the .25 cent beer section. Going to go to my LHBS and grab some hazelnut extract for it.

But just wanted to give some props and say thanks!

i missed the malt extract in the picture, but i'm sure ya'll can imagine plastic tubs of malty stuff

(i picked up some of their magic dust hop stuff, which should be interesting )

Thanks guys!

Coming up - Golden Promise / ADHA 529 SMaSH
Electric 120v Brutus 20

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
DoctorDuvel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 28

i agree - their packaging and service is excellent! their website is a pleasure too

I brew a lot.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
rustbucket
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

ups is terrible... especially if your residential... iv had my stuff sit in a warehouse for 3 days because it was not a two day delivery.... which ended up taking a week to get here.... then when it does it take them till 7pm to deliver it. sorry for my rant, i hate ups, i go USPS or fedex over UPS any day

Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
maxamuus
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 34

AHS is great. Their website is very user friendly and their kits rock. Great product and great service. I spent WAYYY to much money there last year.

My only gripe is Forrest still hasn't given in to my t-shirt blackmail yet.... did i mention i once found a dead hippopotamus in one of my grain bags and AHS wouldn't do anything about it....

Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
WrongCoastBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, AHS is great. I got an aeration kit for Christmas but ended up trading it in and getting the oxygenation kit. Sent it back, called them to make up the difference, and then found out they didnt have all the parts to make it. I call the next day, at their request, to see how long the parts will take to get in. Come to find out, they had someone come in on a Sunday and make the oxygenation kit, which sent the next day. Their turnaround is pretty quick.

BTW, the missing part was the tubing. They dug it up apparently and got it together.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I recently placed my first order for grains and hops from them, and I was pleasantly surprised by how nicely everything was packaged.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
JasonInBTR
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just to throw my support for AHS. Have ordered from them twice so far and have been very impressed with their service. Many orders to come.....

Jason

Primary - Barleywine, APA, IPA, Strawberry, Pumpkin
Secondary -
Kegged - Raspberry Wheat
Bottled - Oatmeal Stout
On Deck -

Old 01-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
stevo155
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Placed my first order with AHS yesterday. I bought a beer gun and some miscellaneous items for my next 3 recipes.

I've been searching around the different sites for the Beergun for a while, but what sold me was the listing on the website that shows exactly what additional items were needed to hook it up to my kegging system. The detailed diagram showing what the accessory packs have and where they attached sold me. Nothing sucks worse than getting some new equipment and then needing an extra part or two to get it to work.

Since the order was over $100, the free shipping put it right in line with everyone else.

BN Army for Life!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
MSOE_HomeBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

AHS is amazing!! My first extract kit turned out horrible and no one on the forms could figure out my problem, then forrest steps send me a new kit for free! He said it was the sanitizer I was using so he sent me a 8lb sack of sanitizer along with the kit. I decided to let the age on the yeast in the primary so I haven't tried the kit yet but AHS has a customer for life right here!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
superjunior
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

my wife ordered the beer gun from AHS for christmas and to my surprise they added a book of brew sheets (the little info sheets you stick on the fermentor) nice! no more sticky notes for me

Quick Reply