Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Beer Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/)
-   -   Thought this would be a good pairing for the games today (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/thought-would-good-pairing-games-today-353094/)

Gear101 09-08-2012 08:22 PM

Thought this would be a good pairing for the games today
 
1 Attachment(s)
Opened the Dead Guy, it is so flat that it is not even funny.

So I sent this to Rouge
.............................
Hello
About a month ago I bought a growler of Dead Guy, keep in my beer chest. Went to open it today and share with some friends, while watching some game. It had no carbonation; it tastes just like beer out of a secondary, no lace, and no head, just really flat. Just thought I would let you know that everyone was disappointed in this product. Normally we all enjoy your offerings, but the product really disappointed us this time.
Thomas

theveganbrewer 09-08-2012 11:57 PM

A month? Wow, I never let a growler sit for more than 3 days. I was under the impression they're done after a week unopened. Maybe the ones at the store direct from the breweries are different?

MisterTipsy 09-09-2012 12:01 AM

Was it carbed beer poured into a flip top growler or was it a bottle conditioned and capped big beer bottle that you are calling a growler?

MisterTipsy 09-09-2012 12:03 AM

What's in the mason jar?

jeepinjeepin 09-09-2012 12:23 AM

Rogue like some other companies sell pre-filled growlers in stores. The obviously feel like they have a shelf stable product or they wouldn't do it. Rogue puts a sticker across the cap and onto the glass to show its still sealed. Others put a plastic shrink wrap on the cap. They must purge them and fill them extra cold.

The mason jar is Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon. Local (to me), legal corn liquor (moonshine). They sell it straight and with a few different fruits.

Gear101 09-09-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterTipsy (Post 4398226)
Was it carbed beer poured into a flip top growler or was it a bottle conditioned and capped big beer bottle that you are calling a growler?

I bought it from one of the lager grocery stores in the area, they have a large wine, beer and spirits part of the store. So I have no idea how long it was setting there, but I didn't see it the last time I was in. It was just with the rest of the Rouge on the shelve.

Gear101 09-09-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin (Post 4398260)
Rogue like some other companies sell pre-filled growlers in stores. The obviously feel like they have a shelf stable product or they wouldn't do it. Rogue puts a sticker across the cap and onto the glass to show its still sealed. Others put a plastic shrink wrap on the cap. They must purge them and fill them extra cold.

The mason jar is Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon. Local (to me), legal corn liquor (moonshine). They sell it straight and with a few different fruits.

On the money with both of those, it was from the brewery. The top was on so tight that I had to get a set of grips to get it off.

On the Junior's why is the fruit 100 proof and the straight only 80 proof? The strawberries are really good.

spenghali 09-09-2012 12:47 AM

how much did they get ya for that growler in NC, 20 bucks?

jeepinjeepin 09-09-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gear101

On the money with both of those, it was from the brewery. The top was on so tight that I had to get a set of grips to get it off.

On the Junior's why is the fruit 100 proof and the straight only 80 proof? The strawberries are really good.

Thanks. I should know. I have a Dead Guy growler from Total Wine and Junior Johnson is quite local. Skip the Midnight Moon and get the Catdaddy. I'm not sure about the proof difference on the two. Maybe it's just two different product lines because they wanted it to be?

Gear101 09-09-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spenghali (Post 4398325)
how much did they get ya for that growler in NC, 20 bucks?

It was like 18 dollar plus plus so 20 is about right.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.