New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Thinking water

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
Varmintman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 649 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Default Thinking water

OK this might seem bizarre but I am thinking about bottling some plain old tap water to take to beer and cigar night.

I suppose some history is in order. I like to drink but I hate trying to low crawl with my lips when I drink higher gravities beer. For some reason I find that it is dang hard to produce a beer that is consistently number 1 a good beer and number 2 tastes good and number 3 is a constant abv.

I brew all grain and I take gravity readings pre boil and pre pitch. It just seems as though lately my numbers have been through the roof and because of that I had to have my buddies wife drive me home the other night.

So I am thinking that making heavy gravity beers while tough and light beers tough though for different reasons I should stick to a more mainstream ABV that is easier to hit and just drink some water that I bottled in beer bottles for the nights I go out

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply