The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Thinking of opening an online homebrew supply store, need help finding wholesalers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billf2112 View Post
Do you have a local indoor flea market in your area? Get a both there and you have a store front. They are generally cheap (although limited on size), but it is just a temporary front for your future real store.
That's a very interesting idea. Don't know if they would consider that a storefront, but it's worth asking.

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
bovineblitz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I imagine they want you to have a commercial property because they don't want large deliveries made to houses and homes.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #13
Calix_Meus_Inebrians
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You could check out LD Carlson http://www.ldcarlson.com/wholesale_inquiries.html, they should be able to get you a solid selection but they are out of Ohio but seems like they service Florida home brew shops. Another option would be Crosby & Baker http://crosby-baker.com/index.php/retailer_appl/, they are out of GA but don't have a great selection for a lot of american grains; primarily english and german.

Good luck getting your store going!

Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calix_Meus_Inebrians View Post
You could check out LD Carlson http://www.ldcarlson.com/wholesale_inquiries.html, they should be able to get you a solid selection but they are out of Ohio but seems like they service Florida home brew shops. Another option would be Crosby & Baker http://crosby-baker.com/index.php/retailer_appl/, they are out of GA but don't have a great selection for a lot of american grains; primarily english and german.

Good luck getting your store going!
Those are the first two places I contacted. Unfortunately, neither will sell to someone without a retail location. For a 1,500 sq. ft. store around here, rent is ~$25,000 a year. That's a lot to take on while putting my wife through graduate school.

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
buffalobrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchuklobrau View Post
But is the demand there to make the storefront successful? Nearest hbs to me is 50 miles but i dont think enough people brew in my area to make it a good idea. With the negative thoughts done now, good luck on this endeavor.
sounds like you missed this one http://www.dunkirkhomebrew.com/

You start with a full bag of luck and a empty bag of experience, your goal is to fill the bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck

Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 AM   #16
tchuklobrau
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrewer View Post
sounds like you missed this one http://www.dunkirkhomebrew.com/
Lol busted so i added 15 miles to make a point.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #17
DIY Brewing Company
Recipes 

You are most likely going to have to jump in either with both feet. Why not just open a smaller store front something in the neighborhood of 500 ft. You can pack a ton of stuff in there for that amount of space. If you start online you are really only able to get people to your stuff that with 15 miles of your house. No one else is really going to want to come to your house and if they by chance drive 30 miles to your house and find out your a house not a storefront you are most likely going to lose them as a customer forever. You will be shocked at the amount of people that will not pay any attention to things you put on your website.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
jwatkins56550
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Size doesn't always matter!! If u ever went to BMW's old store it was Sooo small. You should try and email nikko at www.nikobrew.com I think he is still running out of his home.. If I remember correctly. He started with just hops too.

"A beer, every beer, is made with love, and begs to be appreciated." -De Struise

Quick Reply