Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Thanks Boulevard!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
WAdamC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Thanks Boulevard!

I'd just like to send a big shout out to Boulevard Brewing Company of KC, MO for the limited release of Chocolate Ale. Not only is it a fantastic beer, but selling three bottles on ebay paid for my premium membership! I'm glad HBT takes paypal. I think I'll use the rest for a bag of Golden Promise.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
WAdamC
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

And I can't wait to pop the last bottle along with the Infinium on June 20th, when we close on our first house! It's a good year!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I am not saying you did right or wrong but I would never advertise to the internet that you sold any beer...ever but grats on the beers!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
I_B_Mongo
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 24

#1. I think it's agains the spirit of craft beer to buy up a bunch of bottles, only to sell them off. If you're hoarding them to drink or trade for other beers, fine, but only to re-sell...bad beer karma.

#2. You're better served drinking your last Chocolate Ale now. The chocolate flavor is gonna fade fast. If you're wanting to age some BLVD beers, I'd suggest the BBQ, Rye-on-Rye, or Imperial Stout.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 431 Times on 352 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
#1. I think it's agains the spirit of craft beer to buy up a bunch of bottles, only to sell them off. If you're hoarding them to drink or trade for other beers, fine, but only to re-sell...bad beer karma.
If people weren't willing to pay stupid amounts of money for "rare" beers then there wouldn't be an issue. Why are you blaming the resellers when the brewery is the one creating an artificial scarcity?

Old 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
HokieBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I agree with the majority of what's been said. Chasing after "rare" beers has very quickly created a "craft beer scene" I don't want to be a part of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Snob
Oh you like IPA's? Well, I only drink Pliny the Younger 5 seconds after it's left the tap, otherwise it's faded."
No thanks. It's beer folks, it's supposed to bring people together, not be a determining factor of your lame social heirarchy. [/rant]

Now here's a little something that you might not like. My DJ's name is Mix Master Mike.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Wait... so now there's morals to what beers we buy, why we buy them, and what we do with them? Oh Jeez. Some people need to fall off thier horses.

I mean its definitely illegal to sell beer, but now it's against the craft beer code? Brewers are not gods people... relax.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #8
I_B_Mongo
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I'm not saying there are morals, standards, codes, commandments, orders, or otherwise in the beer buying community. I'm also sure BLVD doesn't care what he did with it once they got their money. Just my $0.02, not sitting on any high horse.

Quick Reply