The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Which tastes better?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #1
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 101 Posts

Default Which tastes better?

From your bottle or from your keg? I just started kegging my own beer. I've been pulling pints over the last couple of days and I have to say WOW!! I have one tasty beer flowing. This is probably my 8th or 9th homebrew and every other batch there was always something alittle off. Not this Batch. Is it better from the keg or did I finally make a batch of beer without and issues? DAMN!! I'm gonna get a major buzz during the Patriots game Saturday...

Spezialisiert auf Deutsch Lagerbier...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
cubbies
Tastes like butterdirt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I definitely like it better out of the keg. I dont know if it is somehow better because of that, or if I have just become a better brewer since kegging, but my keg beers are fantastic.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 558 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Depends.

Certain beers like Russian Imperial Stouts, Imperial IPA's, Specialty Beers, Old Ales, etc...seem to deserve they be individually bottled.

I keg 98% of my beer. I also bottle a 12 pack or more from each keg to preserve for later on down the road.

There's nothing like drawing a pint of an easy drinking ale. The taste is fantastic.

These "special" beers though??? They seem to taste better with the ritual of picking out the bottle, grabbing the openner, popping that cap and pouring a nice glass.

I have seven taps flowing and still love to open a bottle of my "reserve" every now and again.

Quick Reply