Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Tapping my beer fridge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Tapping my beer fridge

I've decided that I'm going to install four taps on my beer fridge. After looking at all the hardware needed I'm not sure if I know what the hell I'm doing and am looking for a little advice.

Currently I have four pin lock kegs. I use two at a time now with a duel regulator system and picnic taps.

What I currently have picked out is as follows...

4x - 5-1/8" Shank with Faucet Assembly....do I need a nipple shank?
4x - Coupling Nut, Tail Piece Nipple , Washer for Beer Line
20' - 5/16" CO2 Pressure Hose - Red
2x - 2-way Manifold (for use on each regulator)
40' - 3/16" Beer Line Clear, Beer Hose

Am I missing anything? I'm looking at more beer hose than I probably need but wanted extra on each keg to limit the amount of foam, good or bad?

Thanks for any advice. I was looking at buying a kegerator, but the cheapest was 600 for two taps, this is half that and I get four.

Thanks again...

In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
johngault007
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You'd be surprised how short of a shank you can get away with using for modern fridges (only insulation in the door). I decided to put all four taps in the thinnest part of the door and 5 inches is plenty. I would say you have more than enough line to accomplish this task.

I would do some research and figure out how much line per psi you need to prevent foam. I think I run at 9-10 psi and use around 6 feet of beer line.

Kegged: Concussion Red
Upcoming Brews:Moneypenny IPA, Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (w/cherry)

Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngault007
You'd be surprised how short of a shank you can get away with using for modern fridges (only insulation in the door). I decided to put all four taps in the thinnest part of the door and 5 inches is plenty. I would say you have more than enough line to accomplish this task.

I would do some research and figure out how much line per psi you need to prevent foam. I think I run at 9-10 psi and use around 6 feet of beer line.
Thanks for the reply...I have the hardware ordered...this time next week I should be good. Painting the fridge this weekend with chalkboard paint before installing the taps
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Quick Reply