Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > SWMBO Woes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #191
jkarp
Beer Herder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Anyone fool can make himself happy. It takes a real man to keep a woman happy.
Boy, that's the truth. And even after 22 years of marriage that's still a very hit-or-miss proposition...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #192
Sigafoos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ok, since the thread has stopped being about farts, I can chip in:

If you think that any time you aren't allowed to do everything you want to it's a woman ripping off your balls, I don't think marriage is for you. I don't get to do or buy everything I want, and you know what? That's a good thing. I have some stupid goddamn ideas sometimes. I'd also blow more money than I should on hobbies (video games and beer/brewing). My wife understands and supports my hobby, even though she doesn't like beer (any beer; don't tell me to make a wit or some apfelwein, she just isn't a drinker), but if I start to spend too much money on it then she points it out, and I cool it down a bit.

We were talking about finances, as there's a baby on the way, and she said 'it's not that expensive once you stop buying equipment' (as I just got some kegging stuff on the cheap). I said 'Yeah, I'm done... oh, except I need to convert another cooler so I can fly sparge. Then I'm done.' I got the exasperated-but-tolerant look I'm so used to, and then we moved on

I probably have a more 'restrictive' marriage than a lot of people do, but whatever. We keep each other within reason.

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

Old 05-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #193
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigafoos View Post
Ok, since the thread has stopped being about farts, I can chip in:

If you think that any time you aren't allowed to do everything you want to it's a woman ripping off your balls, I don't think marriage is for you. I don't get to do or buy everything I want, and you know what? That's a good thing. I have some stupid goddamn ideas sometimes. I'd also blow more money than I should on hobbies (video games and beer/brewing). My wife understands and supports my hobby, even though she doesn't like beer (any beer; don't tell me to make a wit or some apfelwein, she just isn't a drinker), but if I start to spend too much money on it then she points it out, and I cool it down a bit.

We were talking about finances, as there's a baby on the way, and she said 'it's not that expensive once you stop buying equipment' (as I just got some kegging stuff on the cheap). I said 'Yeah, I'm done... oh, except I need to convert another cooler so I can fly sparge. Then I'm done.' I got the exasperated-but-tolerant look I'm so used to, and then we moved on

I probably have a more 'restrictive' marriage than a lot of people do, but whatever. We keep each other within reason.
I'm gathering people who share all the expenses have a situation like yours. Mine is very similar.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #194
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 545 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmystank View Post
God am I happy Im not married. I can tell my "SWMBO" to f**k off if Id like and go find another one who does accept me and what I do!!!
What you are describing there is the selection process. Nothing unusual about that. One day, though, while you are out trying to make your selection, you will find that some unforeseen force has done a bad deed on you and it is in fact YOU that have been selected.

Once life deals you this fatal blow you will come to realise that you think so much about the happiness of this damn witch that you can never be happy yourself unless you are continually reminded (By her) that she is, indeed, also happy.

She will then test your resolve by attempting to destroy your happiness by making unreasonable demands. Naturally, you will resist, but you find that if you do not make a deal with the she-devil whereby you both sacrifice certain things in order that you gain "Contentment equilibrium" You will be destined to be eternally miserable......And also get no nookie.

You wouldn't bother gambling on a slot machine where you won all the time as would be the case with a totally submissive woman. A man needs the pressure of possible defeat to keep life interesting.

Love is not a pink heart on a Hallmark card. It is a curse on mankind in which the male of the species must continually struggle to gain his own happiness by means of satiating the batcrap crazy stupid whims of the lady with the snaky hair.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #195
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
What you are describing there is the selection process. Nothing unusual about that. One day, though, while you are out trying to make your selection, you will find that some unforeseen force has done a bad deed on you and it is in fact YOU that have been selected.

Once life deals you this fatal blow you will come to realise that you think so much about the happiness of this damn witch that you can never be happy yourself unless you are continually reminded (By her) that she is, indeed, also happy.

She will then test your resolve by attempting to destroy your happiness by making unreasonable demands. Naturally, you will resist, but you find that if you do not make a deal with the she-devil whereby you both sacrifice certain things in order that you gain "Contentment equilibrium" You will be destined to be eternally miserable......And also get no nookie.

You wouldn't bother gambling on a slot machine where you won all the time as would be the case with a totally submissive woman. A man needs the pressure of possible defeat to keep life interesting.

Love is not a pink heart on a Hallmark card. It is a curse on mankind in which the male of the species must continually struggle to gain his own happiness by means of satiating the batcrap crazy stupid whims of the lady with the snaky hair.
I, in my most succinct and eloquent moods, could not have achieved this definitive expression and conveyance of wisdom.

I wanted to italicize and bold the whole post, from the merits of each individual paragraph, all on it's own (even though they turn ital.); but the whole post would have ended up being italicized and bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 05-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #196
illin8
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
My man, you couldn't have said it better! Permission to quote this in my sig?!?!?!?!?
Bottle Conditioning: AHS Oktoberfest, Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde

On deck: Nothing (recently moved/working on the laundry list)

Quote:

Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #197
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 545 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by illin8 View Post
My man, you couldn't have said it better! Permission to quote this in my sig?!?!?!?!?
It's mandatory for REAL men.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #198
riderkb
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I hate to rub it in, but my wife just rolled her eyes when I bought a house because it has a brewing studio in the basement. She begs me to brew. Our kind of compromise is that 1) I have to drink at least half of the beer that I make and 2) I have to keep a supply of her favorite homebrews on hand (her favorites are a crazy hoppy IPA and a very hoppy red ale).

I'm new to the forum, so please let me know if tolerant-wife-gloat is strictly forbidden.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #199
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

LGI, are you sober, WTF, I actually understood everything you just said. I dont like this side of you....LOL

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #200
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderkb View Post
I hate to rub it in, but my wife just rolled her eyes when I bought a house because it has a brewing studio in the basement. She begs me to brew. Our kind of compromise is that 1) I have to drink at least half of the beer that I make and 2) I have to keep a supply of her favorite homebrews on hand (her favorites are a crazy hoppy IPA and a very hoppy red ale).

I'm new to the forum, so please let me know if tolerant-wife-gloat is strictly forbidden.

Go right ahead, despite what Laughing Gnome just said , I have a totally submissive wife that I would not trade for the shiniest brew gear. She doesnt care what I do with OUR money, never ever ask me why I'm buying something, and on weekends she just gets dressed cuz she knows we're going somewhere. During the drive , she'll ask where we're going. I love her! However, the important thing here, she trust me and my decisions. Gloat away.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Quick Reply