Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > SWMBO first brew AMAZING!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Dalarast
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default SWMBO first brew AMAZING!

Well for the guys out there who still have a hard time convincing the wife about brewing or if they bust your balls on it I got my wife into it full swing and even had her brew her own beer.

Jack O Pumpkin extract kit I picked up from www.homebrewusa.com. I sat by and just helped her with the entire process and insured no contamination and proper sanitation was used.
She forgot to add the pumpkin; but when she put it into a secondary we added it in and additional pumpkin pie spices.
She directed the bottling procedure (its an all family affair when we bottle).
And then today she pours me a glass of the first popped bottle... amazing. I mean I'm not a big fan of pumpkin but it turned out really well and even taste like pumpkin pie (perhaps of the late addition).

So make sure you share this hobby (not just by giving them brews and taking advantage of SWMBO after one to many) and perhaps you can sit back at times and just enjoy her brews. Next time we're going to brew the same basic recipe and then make additions and see who has the better beer.

SWMBO aerating the WORT before pitching yeast...

Me explaining to my oldest daughter the joys of beer and proper cleaning while the wife yells at us in the background to get back to cleaning.... is 7am to early to drink???

I would post a picture of the finished product; but to busy enjoying it now
Would if be wrong to ask the wife to get me another beer.. or should I ask "HEY bring me another of your beers NOW.... I mean please honey?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Netflyer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Nice... and I like your brewery name too... I mean what else is there to do when there are no waves? Brew!

Kegged:
RiClarke's Guinuess Clone w/da sour 6.4% ABV 1057 SG 1009 FG

Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Dalarast
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Exactly. And since my sandbars at my normal break got destroyed by a "out of control" barge during the nor-easter a few weeks back its sit back and brew time.. and enjoy brew.. and brew more

Old 12-09-2009, 06:18 AM   #4
Netflyer

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Oh My God! I saw that picture on surfline... absolutely amazing! I suppose it could have been worse, it could have come in on a storm surge and wasted those buildings/apts... Sorry to hear it wrecked your bar but ya know sometimes good things come from giant holes where shallows once were... You might get a killer outside break form, never know...

Kegged:
RiClarke's Guinuess Clone w/da sour 6.4% ABV 1057 SG 1009 FG

Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
Soperbrew
Who rated my beer?

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Ha, my wife bought me the Mr. beer kit 2 yrs ago which got me started & now I've brewed over 40 batches with real equipment. She won't even try any of my beers. So getting her to brew one is waaaay not going to happen.

Whatever, at least I have my NHC ticket for next year.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
MississippiSlim
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 23

My wife helped me bottle this weekend and even complimented the taste of my warm, uncarbonated beer. "I think I will like this!" and this from a girl who until a few years ago only drank Miller Light!

Quick Reply