Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Swmbo?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 04:37 AM   #11
Ize
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think I run to Glibbidy's line of thinking to a degree. My wife and I are partners in what we do. No matter if it's her thing or mine we're in it together. We both know this, we both give each other TONS of BS but we know it's because we KNOW each other... I mean, I'll tell her she's full of Sh#*, she tells me F#*% off, we give each other the finger and laugh ourselves silly because people think we're serious. It cracks us up.

That's not to say we don't get pissed at each other. We do more now than we ever have due to some financial stuff and the 2 year old is, well, a 2 year old and is killin us 2 40+ year olds.... But we talk it out. We throttle back and go, "damn, ok, maybe i went overboard on that". It's all give and take.

And if you ask her, yeah she'll tell you she's in charge, I would holler back "yeah whatever" and we'd give each other the finger.

But I'm still going home with my best friend.

And she doesn't read the boards so I'm not worried about her seeing this.

Oh and yeah, I told her about SWMBO a long time ago... she said "yeah that's right" I told her "kiss my a$$".... she gave me the finger, kissed me good night and went to bed.

Ize

PS: and by the way Michael, I'm sorry to hear about the loss at your work. Hoping you're continuing on the mend tho. Give Thunder a scratch for us.

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Last edited by Ize; 05-30-2006 at 04:40 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2006, 04:58 AM   #12
Cap'n Jewbeard

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I always viewed "SWMBO" as the sweetest kind of irony, like it's already winking at itself by implying we're a cluster of fearful alchemists hiding from the authorities.

Like, implicit in the "must" of the She Who Must Be Obeyed is the thought that, at the end of the day, we'd like to make her happy, which is why we're with her.

I mean... we're home brewers. How uptight can we be? As the Good Book says: Relax. Don't Worry. Have a Homebrew.

And as was amended to it by the Gospel of St. Brewski: "And once in a while make one that your girl will like."

Cheers to all :-)

Old 05-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #13
Lounge Lizard

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah, baby....

Last edited by Lounge Lizard; 05-30-2006 at 02:37 PM.

Old 05-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
Cap'n Jewbeard

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

hot dude. I miss Married... With Children for just that reason.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #15
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 361 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Snob
It would be interesting to see what people think of the SWMBO slang we use here often. From what I have seen so far I would haveto guess it is the obeyed one. Just a guess though.
I told my wife - oops, sorry, "SWMBO" - about the acroynm, and she *LOVED* it, thought it was hilarious. Mind you, we have a partnership, from housework to childraising to all of that... but it's still funny. In fact, she introduced it to HER board, a bunch of January '05 Mommies, and I do believe that it went over swimmingly.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
Caplan
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The whole 'SWMBO' thing is just a humorous compliment thinly disguised as an 'insult' for most of us on here i'm sure!

Old 05-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #17
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Damn...some of you guys need to smoke a j and relax. SWMBO is supposed to be fun.

Letting her think she is in charge is what makes it funny. Let's keep it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caplan
The whole 'SWMBO' thing is just a humorous compliment thinly disguised as an 'insult' for most of us on here i'm sure!
Caplan, you've got it right.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 05-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
Ize

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Letting her think she is in charge is what makes it funny. Let's keep it that way.

I'm my intoxicated stupor last night I think that's what I was trying to say too.

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 PM   #19
budbo
Beer is good

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
2145 days and two children later, I'm still negotiating with my lovely wife, and if all goes well, I'll be negotiating until my death.
5.8 years, enjoy it, it won't last much longer a couple more years that negotiating will change to begging.

I'm at 6543 days and I still occasionally get laid because I quit the negotiating crap.. I learned which battles to fight and which to just let her have her way, the latter happening more often.. She controls my sex life, so she gets her way most of the time. When I decide to spend $700 on brew gear, screw negotiating, I get yelled at for just doing it, but she eventually accepts it (when I bring up how much she spends on what I consider stupid ****).

Old 05-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #20
Beer Snob

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ize
Oh and yeah, I told her about SWMBO a long time ago... she said "yeah that's right" I told her "kiss my a$$".... she gave me the finger, kissed me good night and went to bed.

PS: and by the way Michael, I'm sorry to hear about the loss at your work. Hoping you're continuing on the mend tho. Give Thunder a scratch for us.

Hey thats what happened with me too (hahahahaha). Oy. Oh and the loss at work.... Everyone who works there deals with it in a certain way. You try not to get too close to residents. Though it would be "not human" not to. People ask me all the time how I could work at a nursing home. Being in Activities I am personaly responsible for bringing quality of life to whatever time they have left. My vew on this responsibility is considerable though in the end I remind myself of the quarlity of life I brought to a resident and how many new experiences I brought to thier life. And I try to remind myself what they have taught me so that they will live on. I suppose that's how I deal with it. My father is going through cancer now. My ability to cope and work through this has certainly been related to my work. As apposed to my brother who is dealing with it by ....not dealing with it.

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat

Quick Reply