Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Switching from partial to all grain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
philosophaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Switching from partial to all grain

Ow difficult switch is this to make and would it. Take a while to make good quality beer again? Also, what equipment is a must have and what kind of cost am I looking at here. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
PissyFingers
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophaster View Post
Ow difficult switch is this to make and would it. Take a while to make good quality beer again? Also, what equipment is a must have and what kind of cost am I looking at here. Thanks.
Not as difficult as you might think. I started with BIAB and love it, i get around 90% eff most brews. Mash with 3litres per kg of grain the just sparge through the bag with water the same temp as my mash temp. After a couple of brews you'll be away!

This is a good cheap setup IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Backyard-Pro-D...s=turkey+fryer

Old 11-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
SimonHucko
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 11

if you're already doing full boil its a pretty easy switch - find a cooler and convert it to a mash tun. my first
all grain batch wasn't perfect, but instill made good beer. a few batches is all it takes to get your system dialed in so you hit all your numbers the whole way through, but there are plenty of things you can adjust if you're a little off at the time (temp, volume, gravity).

Quick Reply