*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Sweet find of the day

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
Glynn
Brewing 20 yrs & still a noob
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 21

After having this for a month I finally got to use it this week. It worked better then i had expected. This week i made my Belgian style xmas ale and did my usual procedure. I chilled my wort to 85 and transferred to the primary. then i placed it in the swamp cooler with a 22 lb bag of ice and topped it off with water. With in minutes (around 4pm)it was in the low 70's so i pitched my yeast. When i got up the next morning (530 am) it was at 56 and still dropping so i pulled it out. when i got home in the afternoon it was at 64 and just starting to show signs of life so i left it out. two hours later it was going nuts so i put it back in and it held at 62 for two day before i had to yank it again so it could ramp up to the high 70's. I think i could larger in this thing.

Good people drink good beer - Hunter S. Thompson
Duct tape. The handyman's secret weapon - Red Green

Naughty Kitty Brewing EST 1993
Primary 1 - Saison
Primary 2 - Centennial IPA
Primary 3 -
Secondary 1 -
Secondary 2 -
Bottled - Nogginfogger DIPA, Feral Red Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #12
ahaley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynn
After having this for a month I finally got to use it this week. It worked better then i had expected. This week i made my Belgian style xmas ale and did my usual procedure. I chilled my wort to 85 and transferred to the primary. then i placed it in the swamp cooler with a 22 lb bag of ice and topped it off with water. With in minutes (around 4pm)it was in the low 70's so i pitched my yeast. When i got up the next morning (530 am) it was at 56 and still dropping so i pulled it out. when i got home in the afternoon it was at 64 and just starting to show signs of life so i left it out. two hours later it was going nuts so i put it back in and it held at 62 for two day before i had to yank it again so it could ramp up to the high 70's. I think i could larger in this thing.
Nice! I can't wait once I move to really get my gear going!

South Paw all day, every day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply