Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Superbowl pale ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
eppo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Superbowl pale ale

Back in October, i made Ed Worts Pale ale, using fresh hops that i had grown.
i also used washed yeast. i think the yeast had been hanging around too long, and i should have made a starter with it.
that being said, the beer had a cidery taste to it when it was ready. i pulled it out to see if it had gotten better saturday to see if i could use it for my Superbowl party. it had gotten better, it actually had bud'ish taste to it. so i tapped it. my friends were drinking it up, they liked it.
I've got two things to say... don't throw away your "bad" beers, cause age may make them drinkable, and you can give it to your friends!
and even though you may not like a beer, chances are, as long as its not terrible, your friends will think its good!
I also finally kicked a Pilsner a brewed a while back to make room for some ESB, and the AHS Moose drool clone!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
metaltim
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

might want to call that 'the big game ale'

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply