Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Super Sweet!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
350_Malibu
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Super Sweet!

SWMBO was nice today!

She let me buy 3 extract kits, a bottle rack and some other misc items. Spent close to $150 on crap.

I love my SWMBO!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
Rev2010
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Man... turn around and tell her she should be THANKFUL for your interest in homebrewing!! Seriously - for one you're saving money compared to buying commercial brews. Even if you're doing extract you're still spending a little less than half of what you'd spend on commercial beer (well.. unless you drink BMC stuff).

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not a musician. As a musician I spend waaaay more on instruments, gear, etc. Not to mention the computer recording stuff.

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not an amateur astronomer. You don't want to know how much we spend on scopes, eyepieces, filters, and other gear.

Then turn around an tell her she should be thankful you don't smoke cigars. You don't even wanna know how much money is spent on this wonderful hobby. I don't go crazy but some just spend tons and tons of money racking up their "collection".

Long story short... she should be thankful at how *little* you're spending compared to other people and other "hobbyists" out there

Rev.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
NorthRiverS
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

"Ditto"

I'll show this to my SWMBO too.

NRS

Old 03-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 412 Times on 316 Posts
Likes Given: 616

Dude, your MOM let's you do things...SWMBO? Common!!

NOTE: I asked mine if I could type this.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
350_Malibu
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
Man... turn around and tell her she should be THANKFUL for your interest in homebrewing!! Seriously - for one you're saving money compared to buying commercial brews. Even if you're doing extract you're still spending a little less than half of what you'd spend on commercial beer (well.. unless you drink BMC stuff).

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not a musician. As a musician I spend waaaay more on instruments, gear, etc. Not to mention the computer recording stuff.

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not an amateur astronomer. You don't want to know how much we spend on scopes, eyepieces, filters, and other gear.

Then turn around an tell her she should be thankful you don't smoke cigars. You don't even wanna know how much money is spent on this wonderful hobby. I don't go crazy but some just spend tons and tons of money racking up their "collection".

Long story short... she should be thankful at how *little* you're spending compared to other people and other "hobbyists" out there

Rev.
Hah, funny, but no I'm not telling her none of that. If I do then she'll bring up one of my other hobbies that cost big $. Try the classic car hobby! That's a money eater...

And after getting hammered last night and passing out, now she's asking me what I'm brewing today!

I love my SWMBO!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
Deuce
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010

Rev.
I agree with everything but this statement. Just on equipment alone Im in over $1500 minimum. Between kegerator, fermenting fridge, pumps, burners, etc. Ingredients are the last thing on SWMBO's mind

Quick Reply