sulphr smell with my perry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarzanchuck

Reaction score
so i jist did my first racking on my perry. it tastes good, but it has a mild sulphr smell/taste in the front end. any ideas why and if it will go away or what ican do about it?

i'm not sure about perry, but some beer yeasts can throw quite a bit of sulphur. it should go away after a week or 2 of conditioning

i used red star dry champagne in it. i thought that might be the case but wanted to get some reassurance

should i make sure that flavor is gone before bottling then? and if not add the copper?

Tarzanchuck said:
should i make sure that flavor is gone before bottling then? and if not add the copper?

Yes, but you are going to want to be very careful with that stuff if you decide to use it.

bottlebomber said:
Yes, but you are going to want to be very careful with that stuff if you decide to use it.

what do u keam bu be careful?

i figured if i needed to i would use it when clarifying then rack once sulphr was gone and clarifying was done.

Back