New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Suggestions for next batch?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 02:58 AM   #1
mullimat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 1 Posts

Default Suggestions for next batch?

Well, my kegs are almost empty and i just bottled my apfelwein on saturday so i have another two weeks on that. I have a hibiscus ginger saison that will be ready to keg in two weeks but i need to get some other beer in the works in the meantime. I have been looking at styles but can't figure out what i want. I'm thinking of something more for summer and have gotten it narrowed down to a few. I am moving from here in a few months so i can't have something that takes too long. Don't want that either as i want some beer on tap sooner . I have an AHS Double IPA in secondary now that is about 5-6 weeks old and already tastes incredible so i could do that. Also thinking about a DFH Midas Touch Clone. I was also considering a Hefe or Dunkelweizen (i know a dunkel isn't a summer beer but i love them though). And the last that kinda caught my attention was the AHS Belgian Grand Cru. Not sure how "summery" a Grand Cru is though. And lastly, i know this isn't in keeping with the "style" i'm looking for in my next batch but i was also looking at the AHS Old Ale. What do you all think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
steelerguy
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have been thinking about doing a hefeweizen myself for a good pre/during/post lawn mowing/yard work beer. Like you a Dunkelweizen sounded better at first, but when I thought about enjoying one outside while sweating my ass off in the humidity...I figured a regular hefe would be more refreshing.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I dunno, to me a DunkelWeizen is good even in hot weather because of the slight twang. But a straight up Hefe is probably a little better. But don't ask me, DunkelWeizen is one of my favorite styles.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 AM   #4
mullimat
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 1 Posts

Just ordered my kit today and i ended up going with something completely different. I actually started thinking about getting the ale mead from AHS knowing that it wouldn't take as long as an actual mead and then i got to thinking that i wanted a lighter beer with something having to do with honey. Was still wanting a light beer for summer but not really feeling like a hefeweizen right now. So, i ended up going with the AHS Honey Wheat Ale. Should be somewhat like a Hefeweizen (maybe) just with some honey. Hopefully it turns out well! Think my next brews i will start getting back into the ones i listed before because by then i could have something ready for fall. Maybe even do a Pumpkin Ale!

Quick Reply