Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Sugar Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
sookispur
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sugar Problem

So I fused a Orange Blossom Honey Ale recipie with my Hefeweizen recipie. I am using 5Lb of Wheat DME, 1LB of Light DME, 1oz of Hallertau, and a pinch of Caaz at 5min. While the wort was boiling I put a 1lb of honey at 30min, and I put the zest and flesh of one orange in the primary. I am also putting in 1oz of French Oak chips for 5 days in the secondary. I am using the WL Hefeweizen IV yeast. This is my first time really experimenting and I don't want to over do the sugar at bottling. Now, after the secondary when I am bottling, do I still add priming sugar and, if so, how much do I add? I am worried that with all this sugar I'll have exploding bottles.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
HomerJR
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The sugar you put in the wort before fermentation will have turned into alcohol and CO2. You should prime like normal, assuming fermentation has completed. Your hydrometer will tell you if it has.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply