Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Stuck sparge idea...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
jiggs_casey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default Stuck sparge idea...

Although I have never had a 'stuck' sparge, I had one go painfully slow this last weekend. Ultimately, all went well but it got me thinking.

I have been using one of those SS 8" long, tube-like, filters that attach to your 'bulkhead' on the inside of of your tun. So far, it's been great but, my question is, wouldn't it work better if there was another, even larger one that encased it? You would have to increase the size of the weave pattern on the outer filter.

Or for that matter, picture one of those SS tube filters inside a plastic 1 liter bottle with about a thousand 1/8" holes in it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeb View Post
It's my God-given right to be as stupid as I want to be. How dare the government get in the way.
Go Beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply