Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Strange film in airlock

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #1
TulaneBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Strange film in airlock

I brewed two five gallon batches this past weekend and fermentation seemed to be going just fine, but when i checked on the beer this evening I noticed a strange, lightly tinged brownish green film on the inside of the airlock. I have been brewing for about five years and this is the first time that anything like this has happened. The beer seems to be alright. Has anyone ever seen anthing like this before? I swapped out the airlocks with a freshly sanitized one, but I always fill my airlocks with starsan so I am not sure what could possibly be growing in there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1024 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 2730

Perhaps a small amount of krausen blow out into the airlock..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply