The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Starsan band?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default Starsan band?

Have been soaking my primary (better bottle) for a few hours while I ran errands. I came back to find the star San floating about 1/3 the way up. Bottle
Was really clean prior to the starsan addition. Was wondering if this is normal or happened to anyone else?

image-99494154.jpg

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
jaycount
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hmmm no. Is that foam on top or do all of your starsan soln's look milky?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Well that isn't the top, that is towards the bottom and then the band then more water above the band. It is milky and I have never had this issue. I ended up dumping this recleaning again and re sanitizing.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Last edited by Hernando; 10-11-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: iPhone sux for typing.

Quick Reply