Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Springfield Brewing Company

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
WoolyBooger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Default Springfield Brewing Company

Has anyone on here been to Springfield Brewing Company in Springfield, Missouri? I just went there for the first time and had their Hip Hop Opus 2. I really liked it, but our waitress was new and couldn't tell me much about it. Just curious if anyone else in HBT was more familiar with it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 AM   #2
DrHops
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've been there a few times last year, they had great beer and great food. Their Head Brewmaster is Ashton Lewis who writes an article for BYO magazine as Mr. Wizard. I'm willing to bet that if you e-mail him through the magazine he will start you on your way to a close copy. Try byo@byo.com

On Deck:

1. Dragonfly Wiz (hard lemonade)
2. Dragonfly Blood (strawberry hard lemonade)
3. Alpine Spring clone
4. IIPA
5. Belma S.M.A.S.H.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 191 Posts

I have friends who used to live in Branson and we would fly into Springfield. We never hit any breweries in Springfield but it can't be too bad since the head brewer is Mr. Wizard.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
WoolyBooger
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

I'm bumping this thread because I haven't been able to get a response from Ashton aka Mr Wizard. I did have a brief chat with one of the owners, and he said it is dry hopped with Summit. And it seems like I read somewhere that it features Columbus as well. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to chime on in.

Quick Reply