Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Split a sack of MO or Pilsner in Chicago Area?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
cellardoor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Split a sack of MO or Pilsner in Chicago Area?

I posted this in the Chicagoland Brewers group as well but this may see more people.

Next week I'm going to be around the Mid Country Malt warehouse area so I figured why not pick up a sack of Pilsner malt and Maris Otter for the upcoming 10.10.10 brew as well as some others in my pipeline. So that's what I'm doing. I really only need half a sack of each so similar to Pappers' thread last week, I'm offering the other half to whoever wants it at cost. I'm not positive of the price until I buy it but I'm guessing about $.70/lb If my calculations are correct I should have about 27lbs of each I can unload to anyone. I'm going to be buying both sacks regardless of takers but since I don't need it all right now I'd help out some other brewers. If you plan on brewing the 10.10.10 beer this is a good time to get some cheap pilsner since we need almost 18lbs of it for that brew.

I live in the western suburb of Brookfield so anyone that wants to come out here for cheap good grain at cost feel free.

Cellar Door Brewery

Primary: Smoked Porter
Secondary: Flanders Red 2010
Kegged: 10.10.10, Robust Porter, American IPA

"Without algae, there would be no life on earth, the seas would be sterile and the land would be uncolonized."
-Sir David Attenborough

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply