New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Spending more on craft brews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
kpr121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Its funny because since my last post on this thread (April) I would say that my craft beer purchases at six-pack shops and distributors have drastically decreased. When I am home, I am pretty much only drinking homebrew now. If I am running low on the pipeline, I will pick up a case of yuengling or PBR to hold me over.

However, I have noticed that any time we go out to dinner we are picking places that sell great craft beer on tap, and I am usually ordering the most expensive beer on the menu. So I am usually dropping between 6 to 12 dollars a pint when I used to spend 12-15 on a sixer at the grocery store.

So in short, I am still spending a sh*tload of money on beer.

Bottled:
Bulk Aging:
Up Next: ???? Suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
msarro
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I find myself buying more than ever. Last night I picked up two bottles of Sam Adams Infinium (one for me, one for a friend), we also host a ton of tastings at our house. I doubt i'll ever not buy beer out of the sheer fact that I don't have enough time to brew everything I'd want to try.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #23
Riopel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I never have more then 3 to 5 style of beer in keg or in bottle, so there is no way I can stop buying beer, not just for tasting new stuff to have new idea, but to have a variety of style at home...

Maybe someday I'll be able to have a dozen of choise on tap or in bottle, then I might slow down on buying!

Quick Reply