The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Speidel Plastic Tanks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #251
highgravitybacon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer-lord View Post
I ordered mine on 11/30 and was told late December, then late January and now mid February. Got an email in now checking on it. I'm not waiting until May and will just ask for my money back. They're not keeping my money for 6 months with nothing to show for it. I don't need this fermenter but got it only cuz I wanted it.
These kind of games are exactly why I quit with "preorders". If they decided to keep your money, you're out of the window to dispute the transaction.

It's a tool the business does to put in a no risk bulk order. You as a customer assume all the risk. People seem happy to do the preorder games with homebrew vendors for some reason. But this is just another example of many recent problems with preorders from various retailers people have posted.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #252
scoundrel
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanlord1 View Post
I ordered my 60L on 10/8/12 and it shipped 2/8/13.
I ordered 2 on 10/12 and nothings shipped yet. This sucks!

Starter??? I don't even know her!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #253
EchoTony
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I was bumped 3 times since my 10/11/12 order... I was shipped a 20L in December (I ordered a 60 & 20) .... That was dissapointment in the making... Saw the ship notice, thought I was getting the big one, got home and saw the box. Thought, how can they get such a big thing in a little box... Just didn't click until I opended the box and saw the small one. Now I know how my kids feel when I buy the wrong Lego set.

Sent an email over the weekend asking on status. Was told I was to get mine shipped out this week. A little bit later I got a ship email.... So, it looks like I'll be making a 10 gallon batch soon!
Woot! Woot!

Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. (Ben Franklin)
- I think it applies to beer too, so there.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #254
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 71

I've been interested in ordering one of these for at least a year but every time I go to the site, they are out of stock. Are these things ordered by the container load...or just a bulk shipment? This has probably already been asked and answered, but why do we only have one vendor for these in the US?

So, about 2 yrs ago, I found these on ebay. They are 8-9 gal and HDPE. I have three and I added valves to two and left the other without a valve. I'm going to find that seller and ask if he still has access to these. I thought I posted these in this thread, but it must have been a different Speidel thread.

Tap 3: Empty - APA coming June
Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:
Cold Conditioning: IPA
On Deck: Kolsch
On Deck: Pale Ale
On Deck: Dusseldorf Altbier

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #255
scoundrel
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoTony View Post
I was bumped 3 times since my 10/11/12 order... I was shipped a 20L in December (I ordered a 60 & 20) .... That was dissapointment in the making... Saw the ship notice, thought I was getting the big one, got home and saw the box. Thought, how can they get such a big thing in a little box... Just didn't click until I opended the box and saw the small one. Now I know how my kids feel when I buy the wrong Lego set.

Sent an email over the weekend asking on status. Was told I was to get mine shipped out this week. A little bit later I got a ship email.... So, it looks like I'll be making a 10 gallon batch soon!
Woot! Woot!
Being that you ordered a day before me and it's on the way, is encouraging. I dropped them an email. I guess I'll have to see if I'm as lucky as you were.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #256
Brewsit
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post
I've been interested in ordering one of these for at least a year but every time I go to the site, they are out of stock. Are these things ordered by the container load...or just a bulk shipment? This has probably already been asked and answered, but why do we only have one vendor for these in the US?
MoreBeer orders them by the container.

Apparently they load them on an old-timey wooden ship, come across the Atlantic and down around the Southern tip of South America, up the coast to finally reach the San Francisco Bay.

Who knows why they are the only vendor in the US... they seem to be a pretty limited production operation, so that may be it.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #257
Beer-lord
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 112 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Just got a reply back from them that they have received their most recent shipment and orders are being shipped out within the next 7-10 business days.
That said, they didn't specifically state that MINE was the one to go out in a week but I'll wait another 2 weeks and if nothing, I'll cancel and ask for a refund.
I'm thinking that since I asked about mine and they replied with what looked to be an uncanned reply, that I'm good.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #258
scoundrel
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsit View Post
MoreBeer orders them by the container.

Apparently they load them on an old-timey wooden ship, come across the Atlantic and down around the Southern tip of South America, up the coast to finally reach the San Francisco Bay.

Who knows why they are the only vendor in the US... they seem to be a pretty limited production operation, so that may be it.
I wish they'd sell them on the East Coast. I live near Baltimore and it sucks to have them shipped to California and then shipped back east to me.

chutracheese Likes This 
Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #259
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Yeah, the whole Germany to California thing does not make sense. Maybe someone will strike an east coast distributor deal.

BTW, the guy who sells the ones that I posted in post 254 still has these things. He sells them for $20 plus shipping. To me in the Atlanta area, shipping is $13. He ships them w/o a box with a label stuck to the container. A little soak in OxyClean usually cleans them up nicely and they are safe to use. I don't remember what comes in them, but it was safe...at least the last time I bought them.

Tap 3: Empty - APA coming June
Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:
Cold Conditioning: IPA
On Deck: Kolsch
On Deck: Pale Ale
On Deck: Dusseldorf Altbier

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #260
wobdee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post
Yeah, the whole Germany to California thing does not make sense. Maybe someone will strike an east coast distributor deal.

BTW, the guy who sells the ones that I posted in post 254 still has these things. He sells them for $20 plus shipping. To me in the Atlanta area, shipping is $13. He ships them w/o a box with a label stuck to the container. A little soak in OxyClean usually cleans them up nicely and they are safe to use. I don't remember what comes in them, but it was safe...at least the last time I bought them.
Does he have smaller sizes? I'm looking for a 3-4 gal for 2.5 gal batches.

Quick Reply