Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Speidel Braumeister Modifications

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
FiveKaiBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Speidel Braumeister Modifications

Hey guys,

Lets use this thread to list modifications you have done to the Braumeister.

start listing them!

Bene+dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default valve replacement to stainless better flow

this one was posted by bach.
valve

Yes it is SS9007 12-8

The BM side of the nipple is the 3/4" BSPP/ISO (british standard pipe parallel) and the ball valve side is the 1/2" NPT

My reason was to eliminate any parts, which would be restricting the
flow, since I recirculate and whirlpool.
It works great.

It is pricey - I paid $65 at local distributor

http://www.adaptall.com/products/stainless/ss9007.html

Bene+dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen

Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
wreals
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveKaiBrewing View Post
this one was posted by bach.
valve

Yes it is SS9007 12-8

The BM side of the nipple is the 3/4" BSPP/ISO (british standard pipe parallel) and the ball valve side is the 1/2" NPT

My reason was to eliminate any parts, which would be restricting the
flow, since I recirculate and whirlpool.
It works great.

It is pricey - I paid $65 at local distributor

http://www.adaptall.com/products/stainless/ss9007.html
Strange. I don't see "SS9007 12-8" on that page.

- Bill Reals
www.reals.net

Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

maybe you have to call they state they have many other sizes that arnt listed.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
wreals
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For those of you wanting to order this from this company. They do not sell to the general public but only to companies. If you want to purchase, you need to got thru a dealer.

- Bill Reals
www.reals.net

Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
DeGarre
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

None to list - 20L BM doesn't need any modifications.

No dip tube: unit is light enough to tilt forward to get the goodness out.
No special spigot: outflow is fast enough.

Only extra thing I do that comes into mind is that I tie the top mesh filter to the metal grill with 6 pieces of short metal wire.

Only thing I'd change at the factory would be to round the edges of the legs as they are quite sharp and I've cut myself a few times.

Okey, the handle on the lid could be easier to grab but that's it.

I just wanted to say this in case someone who is thinking about buying the 20L system gets the idea mods and customisation is needed for BM to work properly.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

a good mod would be to use plasti dip on the legs.

http://www.plastidip.com/

you would have to suspend the braumeister in the air pust the platidip in a container (tupperware for example) and dip the legs in it and let dry.

this should give you a nice rubber coating on the legs that wont cut you or sctch any surface you put it on. ive done this to a couple of things in the garage never thought about the braumeister. but it does need it those legs come to sharp and scratch my countertop if i tilt or mobe it a bit while brewinbg

maducey Likes This 
Old 02-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I really dont think it needs anything but people are always trying to make things better and if it works then ill apply it to mine.

any one havethe insulating jacket? does it work? i like the look of the copper top also but man 300 bucks thats steep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGarre View Post
None to list - 20L BM doesn't need any modifications.

No dip tube: unit is light enough to tilt forward to get the goodness out.
No special spigot: outflow is fast enough.

Only extra thing I do that comes into mind is that I tie the top mesh filter to the metal grill with 6 pieces of short metal wire.

Only thing I'd change at the factory would be to round the edges of the legs as they are quite sharp and I've cut myself a few times.

Okey, the handle on the lid could be easier to grab but that's it.

I just wanted to say this in case someone who is thinking about buying the 20L system gets the idea mods and customisation is needed for BM to work properly.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
Refly
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveKaiBrewing View Post
I really don't think it needs anything but people are always trying to make things better and if it works then ill apply it to mine.

any one have the insulating jacket? does it work? i like the look of the copper top also but man 300 bucks thats steep...
I have the insulating jacket and the copper top. The jacket works fine as far as I can tell. I've never used it without the jacket and the boil is fine.

The copper top is a bit disappointing. It looks nice, it makes a great funnel for grain if you invert it, but when used as intended mine drips condensation around the sides. It also seems to make a boil over more likely and of course you can't really see it building inside the dome. I've come close to boil over a few times and you wind up with your hops all over the sides of the BM rather than in the wort. I use the top sparingly.

If I had to do it again I'd get the jacket and forget the the copper top.

Other than that I can't really say that I see the need for any modifications (plug aside!). It works as advertised. I've never had funneling or other issues, I just tilt the unit forward rather than using a dip tube, etc...

Old 02-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #10
bach
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ball valve connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreals View Post
For those of you wanting to order this from this company. They do not sell to the general public but only to companies. If you want to purchase, you need to got thru a dealer.
Correct - call ADAPT ALL and ask who is the local dealer in your area.
In Twin Cities it is Quest engineering.

Quick Reply