Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Southwest Michigan Brewery Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #11
Philsberry
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I would have to add Perrin Brewing Company.
They are a new brewery just north of Grand Rapids that has only been open about a year.
They have great beer and good food.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
wherestheyeast
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Oh man! This sounds fantastic! I've heard that Michigan has a great beer scene happening. I can't wait to visit some (all?!) of these places.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
Paul_Aris
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendj1 View Post
If you are already going to New Holland, Our Brewing Company is literally two doors down. They are pretty new, and specialize in doing small creative batches. Big Lake Brewing Co. just opened in Holland July 5th, but I haven't had a chance to go there yet.

There are two breweries I would suggest in Hudsonville, which is halfway between Holland and Grand Rapids. White Flame and Pike 51. They are only a block from eachother. All of my suggestions don't bottle (well, Pike 51 and White Flame have done like 100 bottle one-offs before) and they are all pretty unique and good.

In the greater Grand Rapids/Holland area we have like 14+ breweries, and I hate to say it, but I think New Holland is one of my least favorite of the bunch. Not that they are bad, but there's a lot of good beer in Beer City USA!
Ive been to A Big Lake and in Holland and would recommend a stop there. Also, odd side ales is just 25 min to the north.

Go Big or Go Home

Quick Reply