Sooooo....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsicle

Reaction score
I could use a few suggestions from the mighty brain trust that is homebrewtalk.

Not too long back I purchased a brinkman hop rocket. When I first purchased it I hooked it up with an american pale on tap and stuffed it full of citra. Well, the beer tasted like watermelon. It wasn't that fake chemical watermelon taste but actual watermelon. It was very different than anything I have ever had but not exactly what I was hoping for.

It's a neat concept and I want to use it. Problem is, I'm having a tough time creatively after that first experiment. Suggestions? Ideas? Recipes?

Additional info, I'm an extract brewer, a kegger that ferments in kegs and usually under pressure if that helps.

Mods, if this is the wrong place, (it could fit in several) please move.

Centennial or Willamette would be solid choices.

I prefer centennial. If you have ever had Bells Two Hearted or Stone Ruination that is centennial at its best.

It also may be fun to make a super hoppy American brown w/ Willamette but I have no beers that I can think of to compare to.

Centennial or Willamette would be solid choices.

I prefer centennial. If you have ever had Bells Two Hearted or Stone Ruination that is centennial at its best.

It also may be fun to make a super hoppy American brown w/ Willamette but I have no beers that I can think of to compare to.

Amen to Centennial. They are my favorite hops that are seemingly always available. I've also taken a strong liking to Simcoe recently.

Bells 2 Hearted is one of my favorite IPAs that are brewed year long and not too pricey.

What about making a house blend? An amarillo, centenial/cascade and simcoe mix. A Columbus and Mt. Hood combo. Or maybe an english version with EKG and fuggles?

Back